proforma rental increase form

I have an IP (in NSW) I manage myself and will be raising the rent shortly (giving the tennant 8 weeks written notice). Does anybody have a proforma rental increase document they would be happy to share ?

G'day Willy,

This one is good for all states and territories.

Attachments

• Short and sweet.doc
    20 KB · Views: 216
Hi WillG,

This is the letter I wrote to a previous tenant.

Glenn

"Our costs have risen in the last year due to increases in interest rates, council rates, water rates and land tax. We have absorbed some of these costs, but unfortunately must pass on the remainder.

As such, the weekly rent for the premesis located at <location> will be <new_amount> from <date>. A new Fixed Term Tenancy Agreement has been filled out showing this change and requires your signature should you wish to continue to reside at the property.

Should you not agree with these terms, please be advised that we give 60 days notice that we require vacant posession of the property at the end of current Fixed Term Tenancy Agreement."

Glenn,

They don't have to resign a lease, they can cnontinue periodically (at least in WA)

I wouldn;t talk about why (but if I did, I would not inlcude examples, this is not a negotiation so to speak).

The rent on proeprty address xxx has been reviewed & we hereby advise that an increase of $xx was determined.

Please be advised that effective xx/xx/xx, the rent will increase to $xx / month.

(and then list the options within the law)

Glenn,

They don't have to resign a lease, they can cnontinue periodically (at least in WA)

I wouldn;t talk about why (but if I did, I would not inlcude examples, this is not a negotiation so to speak).

The rent on proeprty address xxx has been reviewed & we hereby advise that an increase of $xx was determined.

Please be advised that effective xx/xx/xx, the rent will increase to $xx / month.

The lease will be the 2nd year of a three year lease.

The following wording looks good

thanks... please do yourself a favour & type the letter out, don't copy the way I mistyped it (you don't need them thinking you are raising the rent to pay for a typing / spelling course LOL)

Hi Dazzling,

That letter was one of the best!! I wish I could send that to my tenant's!! I should of joined tis site ages ago.

The Mummy!

Tenant is on a 12 mth lease with a provision to review the rent after 6 mths.

If it's decided to put the rent up, tenant needs to receive a letter advising of the increase (I assume 6 weeks notice still required).

Does the tenant also need to sign anything else agreeing with this ?

I don't think so, but probably worth asking so than I know

Back