Project MegaDollar PH II

One of my projects is about to move to phase II.
I call this one Project MegaDollar, because the object is to add 1 MegaDollar (nett equity) of value to this IP within 10yrs, and I got 6 yrs to go.
I have a nice & flat plot of ****m2 zoned 2b whose only drawback is a small street frontage.
I can currently build 6 dwellings, but patience is paying off and it's looking good for 8 (4 duplexes 4x2x2).
So in very roundabout rough numbers it will cost me ~200K per dwelling for a total of 1.6m.
Once finished rent may be ~350 wk each giving a yearly gross of 145,600 minus 25% for expenses leaving ~109k and more tax deductions that I can poke a stick at.
1.6m loan @6.5% interest is 104k, which leaves the whole project slightly cashflow positive allowing some principle to be paid. And still a little wiggle room for rate rises.
Now this would give around 600k in what you ppl call "instant equity" @ <70% LVR, not bad at all, but my goal here is 1 MegaDollar.
So in order to achieve my MegaDollar I would be hoping for an increase in value of ~12% and enough rent to reduce LVR to ~50% over a 5 yr period.
Once this is achieved it should be netting 30-40k yr whilst leaving plenty equity should another venture arise.

Another achievement for the sash file, and still waiting for harris to put some meat on the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, got 3 town planning types on the job of advising me of how to best maximise the potential of this piece of dirt.
Hopefully they'll come back to me within 7-10 days.

Not surprisingly nothing.
I called up after 2 weeks, usual BS excuses.
I'm in no hurry. Friday they get a call saying thx but no thnx.
Plenty others out there.
And I'm also talking to a few builders out there who have done similar projects (and are solvent lol).

Back