Properties I can't have

About 2 years ago I started a thread with the same notion, that being that when you are looking for property and find a good lot or deal but it doesnt suit your needs, to post on here and who knows who it might be a good deal to?

Anyway, I will get the ball rolling with this good one I just spotted:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...t=&header=&cc=&c=52334986&s=vic&tm=1216613603

2100 in Coburg North, walking to station and parklands, could probably get 7-8 decent sized 2 level townhouses on there quite comfortably which would be nice.

Anyway, if you find something you think is good but isnt right for you why not post it and maybe it will be right for someone else!

Nice one Belu,

thanks for sharing. Looks like a nursing home or special accom to the west boundary and 6 townhouses on the east side. Nice precedents for something dense. Is that still Moreland council there?

I believe so. There is also a nursing home over the other side asking $1.1mil currently let at $140k p.a - nice CF+ return there and some decent land.

Either way as you said, the precedent has been set so could be quite nice.

I believe so. There is also a nursing home over the other side asking $1.1mil currently let at $140k p.a - nice CF+ return there and some decent land.

Either way as you said, the precedent has been set so could be quite nice.

What?

12.7 % :eek:

Hey Belu,

Maybe. It says private sale...I take that not to be a price range where they put a plus on the end.

Not much lease left, and if there were options they would state it.

Still, it's a corner. It doesn't look that old. Even as a dev site, if you ground zeroed it, there would be accelerated write off on building and fittings. You might get four on there unless proximity to the train allows something denser. As just future Res1 land it's a bit expensive.

Maybe future use as student accom looks like BV so moving a few walls shouldn't be too hard.....with less bedrooms and re-configure a kitchenette ....or it's 90 odd squares, change to a child care centre or similar.

Anyway well done for bringing these up.

Last edited:
Great post Belu,

That nursing home does look like a good deal on paper. I wonder why it hasn't been snapped up yet? Perhaps the lease finishes soon and won't be renewed??

Keep them coming Belu, at this rate you are on the way to becoming a billionaire - finding all these terrific deals.

Regards Jason.

That nursing home looks as though it is empty - no signs of life anywhere and there's no computers, printers etc in the office, the kitchen is empty.

Well spotted LA.

Either they are heavily into good Feng Shui with the lack of clutter, or those papers on the desk in the office are all unpaid bills (rent).

You will be sorry when you buy that property for $1 this week and I buy it off you for 40 cents next year after the Global House Price Crash. Ill be laughing and you will be sorry.

Back