property backing the freeway

hi guys
we're really interested in this one property in a high growth area
the asking price seems to be abit lower than others we've seen.
we're about to put in an offer, but was told by our broker that the property is a no-no because it's backing the freeway.

i'm confused why this would be a problem? is it the noise or safety issue?
would it affect us getting finance for it?

i'd really appreciate any comments/feedback :)

It's probably a noise/desirability factor.

I personally wouldn't consider any house that backed onto a freeway or train tracks.

I think it would be a turn off for potential renters. Perhaps you should go down check it out during rush hour and see what the noise levels are like.

we did notice the noice when we're at the backyard,
you can hardly hear it from inside the house thou....

i suppose that's why the asking price is lower than other properties in the area

You'd be surprised how much noise comes through at night, trucks engine braking, loud cars, etc.

I used to live in an apartment on southbank in melbourne that overlooked citylink. Was a pain in the *** trying to get to sleep.

Depends on what you're buying it for.

If you're looking at it as an IP to tenant out, then it could be a turn off but not necessarily; depending on what else is on offer at the time.

Most properties that back onto freeways will have some noise factors associated with them, but if the house is walls are well insulated it may not too much of a problem.

If you found it bearable, then tenants do as well.

I've lived on a main road, and it didn't bother me, but someone else may not be so keen.

hi guys
we're really interested in this one property in a high growth area
the asking price seems to be abit lower than others we've seen.
we're about to put in an offer, but was told by our broker that the property is a no-no because it's backing the freeway.

i'm confused why this would be a problem? is it the noise or safety issue?
would it affect us getting finance for it?

i'd really appreciate any comments/feedback :)

if you were a tenant would one of your priorities, written on your request form, be a property backing onto a freeway?

Back