Property bordering a park - how valuable is it in comparison?

In a townhouse complex, how much more or less valuable would you feel a townhouse is if in very average condition bordering a park; in comparison to a standard backyard unit that had been completely renovated??

The park seems to be fairly quiet, but I have heard some stories...and the demographic can change over time. Won't make any difference in rent I don't think, but is there any longer term value? Is it worth paying more for now given the difference in condition?

Thoughts?

Might be able to make some cash holding kids footballs and cricket balls to ransom when they hit them over your fence.

I should clarify, both are townhouses in same complex - trying to decide between the two, both similar price. One is beautifully renovated, other is average condition with park views. Shouldn't get too many balls over the fence, as it is elevated above park. To Reno the average one will be 20k or so, my dilemma is, is park location really worth that for long term holding...?

I'd go for the renovated one... if you're renting it out, no one pays extra for park views, but they do for a nicer property. Also, I'd rather not risk the idiots with spray cans frustrating me and making my dog bark :)

Back