Property Cycle Clock - Where are we right now?

hi all

just wanting to get some comments from people that have been through the property cycle many times over.

where are we in the property cycle clock right now in Feb 2014 for Perth, Melb and Brisbane?

hi all

just wanting to get some comments from people that have been through the property cycle many times over.

where are we in the property cycle clock right now in Feb 2014 for Perth, Melb and Brisbane?

No idea for Perth, however Melbourne probably b/w 9-10 o'clock and Brisbane circa 7-8 o'clock.

Caveat that these are very generic observations and merely my opinion. Different suburbs within those cities are not all rising at the same level/pace.

Generic observation
Sydney/ melb/ perth11
Brisbane 9

Obviously there are submarkets within the state that have more room to grow

hi all

Some areas of Perth are coming off a peak (i.e. devvie sites in the City of Belmont) but others are just starting to pick up (e.g. Mandurah)

Inbetween 1-2,but that only from the small inner city southside Brisbane Area,i don't care what other areas are doing,you only have to go 15 klmoutside the CBD to get a different opinion..the more important question is will you have a job in 12 months time..imho..

Sydney 10 (although pockets as some have mentioned ie West Sydney 12! luxury ie north shore/eastern suburbs 7)
Brisbane 7
Melbourne 11
Perth - no idea?

Again different areas have different times but unsure how inner south of Brisbane is 1-2??

Sydney 10 (although pockets as some have mentioned ie West Sydney 12! luxury ie north shore/eastern suburbs 7)
Brisbane 7
Melbourne 11
Perth - no idea?

Again different areas have different times but unsure how inner south of Brisbane is 1-2??

Some of perth is at 11.30pm

im going to go against a little here and say

Sydney between 10-12o clock
Brisbane - 9-11 oclock
Melbourne 8-11 o clock
Adelaide- 7-9 o clock
Perth - 9-11 oclock

This is for median priced properties and not million dollar dwellings

I also dont agree with the invesmtent clock of 12 oclock being rapidly growing prices, in my mind, 12 Oclock is the peak of the peak where you can no longer go higher or the moment when things start cooling off or uncertainity comes into the market,

I believe unlike normal cycles, Brisbane boomed before melbourne, and out of Bris, melb and syd, melb was the last to follow, I think melbourne may 'boom' for a tad longer, whilst normality is about to return for the Bris and Syd

Back