Property Data For VIC - IMPOSSIBLE?!?!

Hi guys,

I have been going crazy trying to find property data for victorian suburbs. I have searched for products which give you previous sales info, suburb analysis, demographics, vacancy rates, capital growth rates, infrastructure upgrades to area, etc, etc but it seems that due to these bloody privacy laws there is very little that the private investor has access to. I would love to have access to RP Data or something similar but it seems impossible now. Does anyone know of any recourses/products which can be accessed by private investors which give this sort of data or is there a way to get access to RP Data despite the privacy laws???

Cheers
Adam

Real estate investar (I think) seemed to be a really powerful till, containing all of the items you have listed, of which I found the previous sales history very interesting.

In saying that, my buying habits didn't justify the monthly subscription costs(had a 1 month trial subscription.

I am also interested in others opinions/suggestions.

Many of the brokers who post reguarly here provide their clients with free Residex reports. I've attached a sample report.

Attachments

• Residex Sample.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
when you do a search on onthehouse.com.au put in the full address, i rarely have a issue, and yes there are some occassions that the house number your after isnt listed, but it does show the area on the map, and you can click on other properties and see what their sold amount was and dates.

when you do a search on onthehouse.com.au put in the full address, i rarely have a issue, and yes there are some occassions that the house number your after isnt listed, but it does show the area on the map, and you can click on other properties and see what their sold amount was and dates.

Are you searching Victoria? It is specifically that state.

Rooster

on the house appears to be "estimate" ranges as opposed to previous sales )and previous poster is correct about sales figures, most not listed).

Just to iterate real estate investar have sales history (as well as estimates for each property).

DAMN - cant get link update. needless to say google - realestateinvestar

It's a real shame that you don't have a decent analogue to Zoopla Down Under.

I'm surprised that no-one has made sales information more available. It makes the market more transparent, and ensures that there isn't an asymmetry of information (which can lead to abuse).

Problem is with Victoria, there is privacy legislation which makes the information less accessible and you have to pay the individual councils on a regular basis to access it. So much for freedom of information...
The councils would earn a decent amount from this so there is no push for change and though I have no evidence..the REA's will not complain about it.

So much for freedom of information...

As an investor you're entitled to information about property values.

The individual home owner has the right to keep to themselves the amount they bought their individual property for.

Tools such as RP Data & Residex have access to the private information and presents it in a generic manner. This gives you the information you're entitled to without volating the privacy of the individual.

Problem is with Victoria, there is privacy legislation which makes the information less accessible and you have to pay the individual councils on a regular basis to access it. So much for freedom of information...
The councils would earn a decent amount from this so there is no push for change and though I have no evidence..the REA's will not complain about it.

Alternatively get a job at the land titles office and you can access the entire database for free!

Back