Property Developer Book For A Beginner

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best book out there to read in property development for beginners. Thanks for your help, Jason.

Hi Megsaletta

Be sure to check out Michael Whytes thread on his current development, I'm sure there are good books out there but Michael and others on here have posted and can teach you a lot - just do a search!

Hi there, I really enjoyed Ron Forlee's "Australian Residential Property Development" . It is a step by step guide for beginners, I read it a while ago and it gave me the inspiration I needed to tackle my first development project. Easy to read too. I bought it a few years ago however I saw it the other day while browsing the RE section at my local book store.

Jon Salvador
Finance Broker
Buyers Agent
Property Investor
http://www.headinghome.com.au

Hi Meg,

Ron Forlee's book is the only one that I know of which gives you the step by step approach to follow, but I found it a little dry to read. I actually think there's a bit of a gap in the market for that kind of book. Something for novice developers with a quirky style ala Peter Spann, and some real examples of sorting out the crap and getting stuff to happenn the right way.

But its not rocket surgery. Ron's book is a good start and gives you most of what you need to give it a go. My only recommendation would be to start small and not bight off more than you can chew. You'll improve with experience (says the novice guy on his first build). :eek:

Cheers,
Michael

Back