Property Development Course

Im very keen to get started in property development, but I feel that a course would go a long way in helping me acquire the foundations of property development. Does anyone know a course that they can recommend ??

Im also keen to find any good books on the subject of property development?

Please HELP !!!!

Search the forum or internet for:

1. Michael Yardney
2. Peter Comben
3. Martin Ayles

They do seminars/courses I believe, though I have not been.

GSJ

or look up michael whyte on the forum here and have a chat - he is currently doing a small development in sydney and, i'm sure, would be more than willing to share ... he has a reputation of being able to talk under wet cement :D

Hi Kabutar,

Welcome to the forum! You'll probably find more info here than you would in any course, but .......My suggestion would be to check out a Michael Yardney seminar (or someone of similar status in your area) - the initial 1/2 -1 day seminar (which is about $50-$75) I have always found very informative and motivational, although have never gone further than that, but he does offer 3-day courses - see if you like his views and strategies and then possibly proceed?

Cheers,
Jen

Since you are talking about me - may I please add something:rolleyes:

Yes I do one day seminars and there is one last round in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney in November - details are here......Take Advantage of the Property Markets in 2007

While I discuss some of the benefits of getting involved in property development I don't want people coming along thinking they are going to learn how to become a property developer in one day and for $79. But there are lots of other great reasons to come along.

My 3 day "Real World"real estate workshop is Australia's leading property development workshop, but we only hold it once a year. This is usually in June, but this year it will be later in the year because we are putting together a "high end" 4 day Wealth Retreatin April with some very interesting people.. More news about this later this month

Hi Kabutar,
property development is a very interesting field and it requires quite a bit of education.

As Michael Y says, you won't get all the knowledge/experience in 1 day seminar.

Many of my clients have been to Michael's 3 day workshops and are very happy with the results they have achieved.

Have a great Sunday.

Thanks to all that have replied. I have found a 4 day course that is run by the Urban Development Institute of Australia, called the Property Development Foundations course.

http://www.udia-nsw.com.au

Has anyone attended this in 2006 ? I'm planning on enrolling in 2007 and would love to hear from someone who has, to gauge their experience.

Many Thanks,

Kabutar

I haven't done any sort of course in development, but I do know that UDIA is a very well respected body within the industry, so I'd say that you couldn't go too far wrong doing a course with them...

also check out the Property Council of Australia; www.propertyoz.com.au

Back