Property for sale - address not disclosed

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why an agent would not disclose the address in the ad of a property for sale in Brisbane on realestate.com. My initial suspicion was the location was poor but this didn't seem to be the case when I called up to ask the location.

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why an agent would not disclose the address in the ad of a property for sale in Brisbane on realestate.com. My initial suspicion was the location was poor but this didn't seem to be the case when I called up to ask the location.

They want interested buyers to call or otherwise contact them. This is just a tactic to generate sales leads primarily.

... and it worked. You called them!

I went to one last weekend, (Brisbane suburbs), it was a little old lady who didn't want her address advertised. But since the market is hot, there were quite a lot of people at the open, (more than I expected) and the little old lady who had been living there since the 1960's was there, original owner, dressed lovely, too, and she'd make yo have a bit of a connection with the property. Anyway, I think she added to the appeal of the place to be honest!

And I think since the address wasn't listed, the people there thought it was a better opportunity to buy than if the address had been listed, and it actually had a few people going into a bit of a battle afterwards to buy. Anyway, she got her price (and then some) on the day of the open.

Sometimes a few agents work for the Same builders/property. Since multiple people are advertising same property no one discloses the address. This happened to me in a few property in Clyde North in VIC.

They want interested buyers to call or otherwise contact them. This is just a tactic to generate sales leads primarily.

... and it worked. You called them!

Probably would've called on a lot more properties if I had known the address. I also would've thought disclosing the address would generate more enquiries = leads. Maybe in this market, a bit of reverse psychology works for the seller perhaps.

I can not stand ads without address and just skip them. Might have lost a lot of good properties, but there is always other one somewhere.

Back