Property in mont albert (VIC)

I went to a 7pm inspection last night of this property in mont albert. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom 2 carpark apartment on 3rd floor. Low rise.

Everything is what i think it should be. 130sqm at least. Very large Able to add a 4th bedroom and study. The only thing was the right hand view was the petrol station and the 3 flight of stairs. If coming from carpark would be 4 flight of stairs.

it was advertised for 600K in Oct 2009 but went down to 540K in jan 2010. Agent told me he had an offer he was going to present and was going to be sold soon. I called bluff and it is still unsold.

What do you guys think about stairs? and the distance to go up and down. There were couple other buyers put off by the stairs and the petrol station.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...&header=&cc=au&c=54069162&s=vic&tm=1263415750

no noise.. it's facing the other way to the hills.

tram stop directly in front of the building. Maintenance is done pretty well.

but 4 flight of stairs for groceries is pretty hard.. and for a baby too. and for pets too

Well there's probably a reason why it hasn't sold yet - petrol stations are always a danger for the contamination as pointed out by tdh78au. Surely you can afford to find another property that doesn't have this problem

Re contamination, petrol station owners have ironclad requirements to clean up any spills and monitor for leaks / clean these up in the event they occur - so you're not going to be left with contamination under the property that no-one will clean up (nor potentially compensate for in the event of loss of rent). You can talk to the EPA on this, and even ask them if there have been any prior reports of problems with that site.

Another conisderation is the future of the petrol station site, is it new or old, there's plenty of rationalisation in the petrol station industry and perhaps this site won't be there long-term? Check with council if there are any DA or BA's or other activity on the site, this might give you some more info / clue to future. For example, service station companies often look to rezone old sites to residential - this often increases the sale value and just happens to help lessen the chance that a competitor will buy the site and put a service station there:D

Also, check where the vent pipes are for the service station tanks - you may not get contamination, but you could get some level of fumes when the wind is from an unfavourable direction - ideally the vents shouldn't on your side of the station.

Is the servo 24 hour, and if so, when do fuel and shop deliveries occur?, not during the night hopefully.

Rgds,

I went to a 7pm inspection last night of this property in mont albert. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom 2 carpark apartment on 3rd floor. Low rise.

Everything is what i think it should be. 130sqm at least. Very large Able to add a 4th bedroom and study. The only thing was the right hand view was the petrol station and the 3 flight of stairs. If coming from carpark would be 4 flight of stairs.

it was advertised for 600K in Oct 2009 but went down to 540K in jan 2010. Agent told me he had an offer he was going to present and was going to be sold soon. I called bluff and it is still unsold.

What do you guys think about stairs? and the distance to go up and down. There were couple other buyers put off by the stairs and the petrol station.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...&header=&cc=au&c=54069162&s=vic&tm=1263415750

hi, just looked at webpage and is under contract?? did you buy in the end?? if so well done, looks nice, care to share the price ??

thanks yorkie

Back