Property Investment Courses

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any first hand experience of any of these courses that are being offered by these various providers?

PIPA Accreditation Program - Investment Property Adviser

PIAA - Property Investment Advice Accreditation Program

The Property School - Introduction to Property Investment

Thanks,

PP

I don't know anything about the first 2 so can't comment.

I have lectured for the property school in the past so know the content and people well and would highly recommend them. It had been based on the TAFE property investment course run in Adelaide and initiated by Peter Koulizos who I know well.

Peter is a very knowledgable and very detailed person, extremely thorough in research and always on the side of caution. I would recommend anything that is set up or run by him as a great foundation for property investing knowledge.

I personally would not consider price tags as they pail into insignificance if you are a person that is willing to take action on the knowledge that is there. A cost benefit analysis would be a much better consideration than price alone.

I don't know anything about the first 2 so can't comment.

I have lectured for the property school in the past so know the content and people well and would highly recommend them. It had been based on the TAFE property investment course run in Adelaide and initiated by Peter Koulizos who I know well.

Peter is a very knowledgable and very detailed person, extremely thorough in research and always on the side of caution. I would recommend anything that is set up or run by him as a great foundation for property investing knowledge.

I personally would not consider price tags as they pail into insignificance if you are a person that is willing to take action on the knowledge that is there. A cost benefit analysis would be a much better consideration than price alone.

You might be correct. My concern with these expensive courses is while the person teaching you may know everything and more how much are you going to take in and remember?

I go to conferences/seminars from time to time and im lucky to take away a few key points from each course.

Reading a few books and then purhaps attending a course once your a little more advanced seems like a better idea.

Just my 2 cents.

Matt

PP,

The first two courses are aimed primarily at those in the property industry to gain accreditation for the impending regulation surrounding offering property investment advice.

The Property School course(s) are designed for current and potential investors. They are university backed so do not sell any products as such - just the education.

Trust this helps.

PP,

The first two courses are aimed primarily at those in the property industry to gain accreditation for the impending regulation surrounding offering property investment advice.

Is there actually going to be a law regulating the giving of property investment advice? if so, is it Federal or in one state?

One of my bug bears is listening to REAs saying things like "this property will always go up in value", "if you're smart you'd be buying real estate' , etc. If they said that about the share market ASIC would put them behind bars or at least hit them with a heavy fine.

Is there actually going to be a law regulating the giving of property investment advice? if so, is it Federal or in one state?

One of my bug bears is listening to REAs saying things like "this property will always go up in value", "if you're smart you'd be buying real estate' , etc. If they said that about the share market ASIC would put them behind bars or at least hit them with a heavy fine.

I agree, REAs should not be giving investing advice. People should also take responsibility to who they listen to, but it dosent help when agents spruke properties.

the classic is the "dog" on a street that lacks steet appeal seems to be marketed at "suits first home owners OR investors". I never seemed to understand what the 2 had in common??? Except that there was no other way that the agent can think of to market the property!!!

New laws in SA prevent them from doing that now, not sure about other states.

Back