Property investment vs Share investment - calculator/spreadsheet?

Hi All -

Great forum - I'm really enjoying reading about peoples' experiences and picking up a quite a few tips along the way.

At the minute I have one IP and am considering creating a portfolio over the next five years or more. I want to compare the expected returns and cash flow of this approach compared to using funds in my investment LOC (attached to PPOR) to purchase ETFs/LICs and direct shares.

I've got the IP portfolio returns modelled via a spreadsheet but was wondering if there are any tools or calculators that members know of that might help model returns from geared shares (eg expected growth, dividend yield, franking, interest etc). Even better would be single tool that allowed comparisons between both investment types. Obviously a bunch of assumptions would need to be made but I'm ok with that.

Thanks!

cant you use the same program? Just input the details for number 1 share st into the same program? no real estate agent fees, rental yield as dividends etc

Yes can do and have done (amended SS) but not sure about how to deal with franking on the dividends and if there are any other factors that I haven't thought about.

Thanks

Yes can do and have done (amended SS) but not sure about how to deal with franking on the dividends and if there are any other factors that I haven't thought about.

Thanks

Consider the franking credits as 'the icing on the cake' as many property investors do so with depreciation when calculating your cashflow position on the investment.

pinkboy

Back