Property Investor Portfolios

Let me confirm that when media say things there is no proofing it.

My portfolio is $12mill with $5mill debt.

The range from shopping centres to penthouses in noosa to crappy houses I bought few years ago. One common factor on all of my properties, they all make money, all are strong cash-flow, all were purchased below market value.

Didnt read the whole thread but saw my name in a post with numbers that were incorrect.

And we all remember that my portfolio started in Western Sydney with properties that were never going to make money :)

It's interesting that some of the names I heard actually have such small portfolios. You wouldn't even be able to buy a house in places like Mosman or the likes.

There are much more successful real estate investors out there. Be good if the magazines can actually introduce these people, but you wouldn't even know what their name was to find them.

You are right, as one of my mentors, well know by the way, declined to be in that article. However, I do not wish to judge others, so I do not see anything wrong with story telling and a little bit of inspiration or motivation for some of us.

I've done a few media things (API and TV) and I can tell you they do quote you and take you out of context to suit their agenda. In the API magazine they quoted me saying something I never even said!

Oh absolutely. The media always quotes people out of context. And reality is there's nothing most people would do about it. Would you sue them and cause a fuss? Nope. Even if you did, it wouldn't reverse the damage done.

Oh absolutely. The media always quotes people out of context. And reality is there's nothing most people would do about it. Would you sue them and cause a fuss? Nope. Even if you did, it wouldn't reverse the damage done.

Of course not! I (like most others) was too busy being happy to have my face on the front cover of a magazine.

At the TV interview my request to have the interview questions was denied, therefore really didn't get to put any thought into any of my responses. If anyone ever wants to have a mental blank, just sit down in a chair and shine some super bright lights in your face... 'duhhh... property is good, OK?'.

Let me confirm that when media say things there is no proofing it.

My portfolio is $12mill with $5mill debt.

The range from shopping centres to penthouses in noosa to crappy houses I bought few years ago. One common factor on all of my properties, they all make money, all are strong cash-flow, all were purchased below market value.

Didnt read the whole thread but saw my name in a post with numbers that were incorrect.

And we all remember that my portfolio started in Western Sydney with properties that were never going to make money :)

Why would the Magazines ruin a good story for the want of a grain of truth

Then again, they probably just keep up Nathan..Shopping Centre ! Did you not read Dazz's thread?

You must be happy with recent growth in Western Sydney

Are FMCC, Right Group and Property Secrets still active?

Magazines are good but the papers and tv are the pain because they quote numbers they dont know how to calculate. I remembered a few years ago i was feature in BRW qnd they audited my assets and liabilites which was pretty annoying but cool at the same time because it shows commitment and authenticity.

Not too sure about those guys Redwing, just keep looking out my windshield forward and not beside me so have no idea. I hear lots of rumours about the others out there but you never really know whats fact or rumours..

Nathan

How many properties are you currently holding?

If you have 72 Properties with a current portfolio value of 12mil. It means average value of each property is $166,666 at the current market value.

I wonder if you can give the details of your property portfolio or value of each classification?

12 mil is an amazing figure and I wish I could do same as you.

Check out Nathan's website links.

Plug your laptop into the TV, get out the popcorn and drinks, put your feet up and settle in for a great night of viewing.

No offence Nathan....but over time I have found that alot of the property magazines have comprosmised their integrity by runnning articles on the people who advertise with them....so very little authencity.

As for people in the original headlines....people come and they go... ;)

Also.....have seem some of your valuations and rental prospects for some areas....they have been a bit high at times. Not taking that you have done very well. :D

Magazines are good but the papers and tv are the pain because they quote numbers they dont know how to calculate. I remembered a few years ago i was feature in BRW qnd they audited my assets and liabilites which was pretty annoying but cool at the same time because it shows commitment and authenticity.

Not too sure about those guys Redwing, just keep looking out my windshield forward and not beside me so have no idea. I hear lots of rumours about the others out there but you never really know whats fact or rumours..

Travelbug......is there a website I am not getting which publishes networth with certainty? ;)

No one knows ones networth with absolute certainty...even the ATO does not know this.....what I am pointing out is the naivete of the world around us....:)

Your figures are wrong (probably because the OP's figures are misleading). The figures are NET worth (well in Nathan's case anyway) not portfolio worth.

I don't bother reading the success stories in the property mags where Mr and Mrs Successful have a $2M portfolio ..... read the table at the bottom of the article and they are 85% leveraged and have the same net worth that us Mr and Mrs Below Average Nobodies have.

yes exactly.

If I add my share gross share portfolio to my gross property portfolio I am in there.
Yet I am pretty average in real life.

Happy live in a 1 bedroom (albeit very large) that I rent to myself with my LT GF.
Drive an average car.
Have sufficient cash flow that I no longer worry about saving the pennies anymore. But hardly an extravagant lifestyle.

Certainly nothing to post in a magazine, and even less so to do a 'wealth creation' seminar about myself (not that I would do it anyway, I like my privacy).

There are some interesting people on this site. Personally I would be concentrating on them, they don't come with $20K instructional 'this is how I did it.'

Travelbug......is there a website I am not getting which publishes networth with certainty? ;)

No one knows ones networth with absolute certainty...even the ATO does not know this.....what I am pointing out is the naivete of the world around us....:)

Not a website. I got that figure from Nathan but the $5m net was over a year ago. He has updated that figure here. I'm assuming Nathan would know his own net worth.

Back