Property Know How Club

So what are you saying that anyone who charges for a service is a crook?

Quite the opposite.

Charging the full cost of an educational service is honest and straightforward. Particularly if the provider is independent, obtaining income from no other related field.

Whereas offering a "free" educational service may be less so since it raises uncomfortable questions about whose paying, bias and conflicts of interests.

The problem as alexlee stated is the former might not be good for your business model, which appears to use the 'free education' as an appetiser for chargeable services.

The education becomes integral to the success of marketing the flow on services, and you're taking us all for suckers if you're claiming it's not or that you don't care if people don't use the other services.

Education's content would come under immense and probably irresistible pressure, despite best intentions at the start. Because if the 'free education' wasn't a funnel then it wouldn't be free would it?

One of the intentions behind the government's financial services legislation is to try to clarify these sort of conflicts, at least for shares and managed fund investments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a lot of posting on Property investing .com. Frankly whenever I say anything here I get attacked.
Maybe you'd be less likely to be attacked if, whenever you poked your head in, you weren't flogging your wares. It's been a regular pattern.

If a club provides free education including education that tells people to do there own research and due diligence and I tell me not to take my word on anything but to check it out for themselves how am I taking advantage of anyone?

Hmm.....so there's free education? So what? How can we be sure that it's unbiassed education? I'm sorry, you might have good intentions, but my experience of your previous posts and offers of 'help' leave me with a feeling that this is yet another scheme with the only benificary being yourself.

The club is being offered as a body for investors both experienced and novice to meet.

The other issue I would mention is that businesses that only educate often are wrong because they do not have to deliver a service. Now one group who can charge up to $25,000 tell there members that to get finance in America all they have to do is get a store credit card in America.

Now I can tell you this is rubbish no department store in America would offer a foreign national a credit card.

Now I am not saying that all there information is wrong but just that there are two sides to every story.

I believe in the power of education I think most people buy properties without doing the right research now if that the main thing that we are teaching anyone who are we doing the wrong thing

This is exactly what Steve McKnight and many others do.

Promote a free property education event and these happen all around Australia during the year. At the end of the evening they provide a list of rather expensive education packs. Its just a marketing exercise to promote SMc products. I am guessing that he makes more money out of this business than property investing

From what you have stated your model appears to be very similar.

I dont have a problem with this however lets call a spade a spade.

MTR

After being to quite a few seminars, I think it's easier and less risk to make money from selling the products than property investing. It's a business model some active property investors use to make more money. If they really look after your interest before their own, that's fine but often I am not sure.

YLC

Actually YLC I agree with you. Thats because a lot of the large education seminar companies target people with no money and tell them do our course and become a property developer in 6 days. They then charge $6,000 for the course the marketing group gets half of that.

Now I am not making a judgement on this just stating a fact. In many cases people do the course but still do not have the knowledge to see it through.

This club will not have sell speakers

Yes we will offer services that can assist investors but a finance broker gets paid by the bank. We will not be marketing courses on how to be a millionaire in 5 minutes.

I have no issue paying someone for their service as long as it's reasonable. I have used buyer's agent and mortgage broker but I don't like being taken for a ride which happened when I bought one of these courses at a seminar at the beginning of my investing journey. There's not much help after the purchase. Nowadays, I do the due diligence myself.

YLC

Sorry that should have read if we are teaching people about due diligence how are we doing the wrong thing.

Yes YLC I agree with you

Many people are charged a lot of money and get little back in return

Many people are charged a lot of money and get little back in return

Though a $20k course is a lot of money to many people, bad value courses are a contributor but not necessarily the key component of the biggest losses.

More significant (for those who take action) can be the consequences of acting on bad/biased advice. Especially if in conjunction with other personal circumstances (that may require a forced sale or pulling out).

We've seen this with off-the-plan developments. But similar risks can occur with foreign purchases or in development. Add inexperienced 'investors' and you have a lethal mix.

I don't know how someone can lay (or is it lie?) in bed straight promoting a model of advice that has been demonstrated in this thread to be somewhat lacking with regards to independence (from the vested interests), rigour (from the vague answers given to questions) and responsibility (farming out problems to 'clubs' while distorting the language with regards to same).

Reactions: S.T
Spiderman, I can't understand either but obviously they have no issue with that because that's how they make money.

YLC

Now I am not saying that all there information is wrong but just that there are two sides to every story.
grammar-nazi-300x285.jpg
1st use should be "their". 2nd use is correct.

Someone else here pulled you up on spelling. I can accept a typo or two but this is a bit worse.

Does it make a difference? Maybe not but to me it shows, when holding yourself as an educator:

1. Lack of attention to detail.
2. Failure to correct an earlier highlighted problem.
3. This is the product you sell to the world- words/information. You need to be a master of the craft . Near enough is not good enough. Will that be how any "recommendations" are made?

Attachments

• grammar-nazi-300x285.jpg
    grammar-nazi-300x285.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 54
However on a serious note

On any advanced strategies whether it is America or Property development most of those investors are experienced and if not we fully evaluate before they go ahead.

This is the product you sell to the world- words/information. You need to be a master of the craft . Near enough is not good enough.

....of course, this is what I was getting at, but obviously the subtle approach didn't work.

If words / information / education is all you can offer, but can't be bothered to spell the words correctly.....well, of course I'd start to wonder whether the calculations were correct, or whether being great at maths isn't also one of your strong points.

Farcical.

Back