Property lawyers sooooo expensive

If you think lawyers are bad, what about liquidators?

See this article in the SMH, http://www.smh.com.au/business/liquidators-the-6m-men-20100413-s7mc.html

Mr Ariff's case prompted the inquiry but Mr Slater said top-earning liquidators could make $4 million or even $6 million a year from failing companies, with no need to explain a parade of ''time keepers'' clocking up fees in the background, at a huge mark-up that inflated their own income. Billable hours extended to clerical staff, the tea and coffee lady - each at perhaps $300 an hour.

Just venting. got a quote from a solicitor to review a lease on a matter that is a bit unique here in queensland. quoted circa $500 an hour. daaaaaaamn. i'm in the wrong profession. will probably pay something in that order due to the uniqueness of the situation. hope they dont take too long to read the lease and decide on a suitable strategy.
I use a fantastic lawyer in Brissy west, completely happy with her service and fees, not sure if she will suit in your situation, but PM me if you like.
Just hate those count-the-minute stop watch people (lawyers,accountants,doctors).

Last edited:
Back