Property leasing fee

My property Manager charges 1 week for finding new tenants (called leasing fee) and 7% for property management. I did not realise there is charges for for finding new tenants. How about you? do you have this charge.

My property Manager charges 1 week for finding new tenants (called leasing fee) and 7% for property management. I did not realise there is charges for for finding new tenants. How about you? do you have this charge.

Yes, letting fees are pretty standard. They will vary obviously and have seen 1-2 week charge depending on your property type and portfolio size.

Yes... got that with one agent but it is maximum of once a year. Another agent has half a weeks rent as letting fee. Your 7% (+GST) sounds reasonable... If you are concerned you could ask a few agents in your area to compare/ negotiate.
Steve

Last edited:
I have to say 1 weeks letting fee is par for the course.

I guess it is like anything if you have a few properties with the same agent then everything is negotiable.

Unfortunately here in the west two weeks rent (plus GST) is the standard letting fee, so one week sounds like a good deal to me

Some PM's charge more than others & some have extra fees for extra services. What you have described is pretty standard really for a lot of agents in areas that I currrently have IP's, although you might be able to negotiate a better deal, depending on which State the property is in.

Back