Property management software

Can anyone recommend a software solution to track the financials of multiple properties such as rent, expenses, capital costs, receipts, documents and other stuff.

I have thought of creating a spreadsheet and linking to pdf's within a folder but I would prefer something more polished and perhaps cloud based. I don't want to use myob as that is surely more than I need and I haven't enjoyed it in the past.

I have done some searching and only really found Nathan birch's my property tracker and was wondering what the alternatives were.

Spreadsheet in my mind is the most effective and cheapest.

There's not a great deal of data you need to capture for IPs. Especially if they're being professionally managed.

You could use Dropbox for your cloud - and set up a folder for "properties." Within that folder, have sub folders for each IP where you can save scanned receipts/invoices. You can even use your phone to scan the docs - and then upload them straight into Dropbox.

I spend 10 mins a month updating my IP spreadsheet - and double check it in July before heading over to my accountant.

Cheers

Jamie

Have a look at rentmaster.co.nz

free trial.

software is a one off purchase plus pay for updates if you want.

extracts from your bank statement

links photos to the property.

Sorry b simpson

Sorry to high jack your thread mate but im also interested in the software to track multiple IPs.

I just downloaded Excel and was wondering if Jamie M uses a generic spread sheet or something he has made up himself.

Im afraid i havnt used Excel since about 1997 so it shall be another interesting journey in its own right. :)

Oh nice i just found this

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26452&highlight=spread+sheet&page=11

Last edited:
Ive been using Property Manager Pro for the past 14 years.

Tracks everything from an accountancy perspective across individual IPs to an entire portfolio of multiple IPs.

An also for IP self management records.

Back