Property Management - Springfield Lakes, QLD

Hi all,

I've relocated interstate and have decided to rent our previous PPR, after choosing an agency to assist I'm having nothing but issues with simple tasks such as advertising the bloody thing.

So far it's been two weeks, two open homes have been had and no one turned up - disappointing but not surprising... no where on the internet was it even listed they had open homes, the ad on domain/realestate websites do not state the address, doesn't mention an open inspection and the photos are absolutely rubbish quality - I've obviously shared my concerns with the PM and they of course agree and tell me they'll fix the issue but have I missed the boat getting top dollar for this place or will potential tenants now wonder why it's been put up, taken down and still saying "New" due to the agents stuff up?

I just don't think taking photos of a house with a camera (instead of a phone) and actually stating when the property is available should be such a tough ask.

Should I also have a sign out the front saying For Lease?

May be I'm just being pedantic - what are your thoughts?

I would expect 2 open homes a week on a vacant property, at the least, and private inspections from the agent if possible.

As for a for lease sign, does the street have a lot of traffic? If so, I would request one, especially on main roads as the property could be hard to find.

I believe the address is a must, along with open homes. As for photos, property managers should always have a charged camera at hand which can take decent pictures.

Also, if you have asked the agent to remove the listing an place it up again, realestate.com.au doesn't automatically advertise the property as "New" unless the agency has changed or it has been removed for several days (possibly a week?).

I don't think you're being pedantic, I think you need a new agency already.

would have to agree with Lil Skater

online marketing is not just take photos and place the property online anymore.

agencies that still work in this way are loosing business to professorial property management agencies that market properties right and get tenants quicker.

my last property I marketed is below. placed online Friday morning had 10 groups inspect today 3 applications so far.

Professorial photos, right script and open the property at least twice a week

only then can you say the price is wrong. if your agencies not doing this move on.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-qld-spring+hill-407384217

the only agents that don't put an address these days are ones that are scared that they will loose a listing and don't want other agents to market to the owner.

good luck and Pm me the link and ill let you know what i would change.

thanks for your input guys, i do appreciate it.

i got an sms saying they have 4 applications and will provide me with summaries on monday - guess we'll see.

cheers

thanks for your input guys, i do appreciate it.

i got an sms saying they have 4 applications and will provide me with summaries on monday - guess we'll see.

cheers

i would still recommend getting professorial photos taken now while its vacant.

will make next time a lot easier.

Back