Property Management

W

WebBoard

Hi everyone,

I just grabbed this off Mcgrath real estates website (Sydney) and thought it was a great list of what you should look and demand for in a property manager.

They do explain in further each service they provide if anyone wants a closer look.

http://www.mcgrath.com.au/renting/management/

Here is an example of how they handle, and how all good property managers should handle rental reviews.

13. RENTAL REVIEWS

We ensure you enjoy full market rental for your property. We regularly assess the rental on your property taking into account factors such as current market rents of similar properties, the vacancy factor in the area, the general condition of the property, the quality of the tenant and the length of the tenancy. Where we see that a rent increase can be justified, we will advise you and seek your specific instructions.

1. DIVERSITY
2. EFFECTIVE MARKETING
3. CAREFUL TENANT SELECTION
4. THOROUGH AGREEMENT PREPARATION
5. INITIAL INSPECTION
6. REGULAR INSPECTIONS
7. PRE-VACATING INSPECTION
8. FINAL INSPECTION
9. PROMPT RENT COLLECTION
10. STRICT ARREARS CONTROL
11. REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
12.TIMELY PAYMENT OF OUTGOINGS
13. RENTAL REVIEWS
14. MANAGING THE TENANT
15. ACCOUNTING TO YOU
16. DISPUTES WITH TENANTS
17. YEARLY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
18. REGULAR COMMUNICATION
19. SALES
20. LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
21. INDUSTRY AFFILIATION AND TRAINING
22. COMMITMENT

Many of the "posts" in here have been of tremendous help to me. So I hope that in the same way this can be of help to others.

Cheers,

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Samuel,

This is a Classic Post if I ever saw one. Thanks for doing the research and bringing it to our attention.

Regards, Mike

Reply: 1.1

Sorry to say guys but the property manager I am giving the flick too I wrote about in a previous post is McGraths. They looked good on paper to me too.

Reply: 1.1.1

McGraths look good on paper in most things they do. and sadly fail in delivering on almost all of them.

I can't recommend them at all. Not as property managers. Not as sales agents. not even as bad sales agents that scare off competition.

They will always try to get you to auction your property, and claim they do not discount their commissions EVER.

Regards

Dreamspinner

Back