property manager - GERALDTON

Yes l could, but l may be wrong for me to say so, as l work for Real Estate in Gero, and Manage Propertys also, but if you would like to know, post back. :):)

It's quite hard to recommend a good one in gero. Some will only want to manage "nice areas" and wont touch one in less affluent areas.

I have 2 properties in Gero and use Ray White, they are OK as PM but woudnt say that they are brillant, but then again, they are not bad.

Talk to a few companies and see which ones get back within 24 of you enquiring.

Good luck.

Hi there,

I work for Andrew Short, as a Property Manger, and l personally feel that we have a good "Team" among us, and we do offer a very good service.

I know that there are some areas of Geraldton, that do require a little more "looking after", than others, but the fee's represent this fact.
I have had feed back from some of my owners who are very happy with the service we offer.
Have a look on our website, or drop me an email and l will go through what our fee's are etc.

:)

I know that there are some areas of Geraldton, that do require a little more "looking after", than others, but the fee's represent this fact.

This is something that I'd appreciate your comment on.

WA property managers almost all seem to charge a standard fee of 8.5% + GST, and there is much less competition or variation than in the eastern states (where PM fees seem to be nearer 7% on average). Plus WA PMs seem to add more extras than their counterparts over east, making the actual amount maybe 11-12% of rent.

Leaving aside this, I'm curious about 'the fees represent this fact' (of problem areas). Does this mean that if I buy a house in Rangeway or Spalding and get you to manage it then the PM percentage fees are higher than if was in a 'good' suburb like Tarcoola or Bluff Point?

Or do you not discriminate, ie the same fee no matter the suburb, so that (like an insurance policy) the landlords without problems 'subsidise' the landlords whose bad tenants make lots of work for PMs?

Thanks

Hi Spiderman,

This is question we do get asked quite alot, all fee's are negociable to a point, & they are higher than the Eastern states, l have also noticed.
With our fee's we do look at the area's like you have stated, and l hope you can apreciate that some area's are "higher maintenace" than others, and no matter how hard you try to check prospective tenants out, which we do very carefully, there are always some bad ones that slip through the net and cause trouble for the landlords.
Which is terrible for us as agents, and even more so for the landlords,our policy is to do that little bit extra with these area's such as more drivebys, intruducing ourselves to the neighbours, and really keeping an eye on rent arrears, this way (which all PM's should do) you are not leaving situations untill they are at a point that it's too late to fix, but are nipping it in the bud.
One day behind on rent, we ring them and find out why, and work with them rather than against them, encourage them to ring us when there are problems with rent arrears, etc, we have found our rent arrears list has halved due to our Pm's being on the ball, and we are very proud of this fact.
We are not perfect, but we do try, we contact our owners and let them know whats going on as soon as any situations arise, so its not left until its to late.
If we do charge a higher rate, we explain that if the property is lower maintenace we will ajust our fee's to the rate of areas such as Tarcoola etc.
Working together is a good starting point, and "Communication" is the key...

This is something that I'd appreciate your comment on.

WA property managers almost all seem to charge a standard fee of 8.5% + GST, and there is much less competition or variation than in the eastern states (where PM fees seem to be nearer 7% on average). Plus WA PMs seem to add more extras than their counterparts over east, making the actual amount maybe 11-12% of rent.

I have noticed the Property Management fees in Geraldton are much higher than that of Queensland.

The Professionals in Geraldton offer an all inclusive fee of 16.5% of rent collected - and they try and sell this as a good deal?!?! Alternatively they are offering 9.35% management fee, 3 weeks letting fee, initial inspection fees, regular inspection fees, re-inspection fee, tenant enquiry fees, even a tenant gift fee. Seems ludicrous!

I have a property in the Eastern States where I get charged a management fee of 8.5% and no letting fees, no statement fees, no inspection fees - and the agent does a fantastic job!

So this begs the question, is there a legitimate reason for the generally higher property management costs in Geraldton, or are the Geraldton Real Estate agents simply ripping us off?

Are the management fees like this in Perth, or is this limited to Geraldton?

9.35% plus many other 'extras' appears to be the standard across WA (at least in country areas).

Agents are pretty much a cartel over there, though lower fees can sometimes be negotiated.

All towns (and capital cities) throughout Australia have 'high maintenance' areas, so the argument that especially high fees are needed to recoup costs don't hold water IMHO.

Back