Property Manager - Manly

Hi all,
I recently purchased a 1 bedder in Manly (eastern hill) and am looking for a property manager.
Any recommendation?
How much should it cost?

Although price is a factor, I am happy to pay more for better service.

Appreciate any recommendations/advise/comments.

Cheers,

LOL I think you are in Sydney, not the Manly in Brissie

Hi all,
I recently purchased a 1 bedder in Manly (eastern hill) and am looking for a property manager.
Any recommendation?
How much should it cost?

Although price is a factor, I am happy to pay more for better service.

Appreciate any recommendations/advise/comments.

Cheers,

Hi there

There is value to check out smaller boutique agencies with a strong customer driven focus

Meet a few PMs from different agencies and choose who you feel most comfortable with
Just some initial thoughts
Martin and Renee

Hi there

There is value to check out smaller boutique agencies with a strong customer driven focus

Meet a few PMs from different agencies and choose who you feel most comfortable with
Just some initial thoughts
Martin and Renee

Oops, should have mentioned that it's Manly, NSW ;).
Thanks for the advise, though.

There's quite a few around.

I would initially look into either Belle Property or Clarke & Humel Property.

You shouldn't have to pay more than 6.6% for good service. But expect additional for advertising and a monthly admin fee.

There's quite a few around.

I would initially look into either Belle Property or Clarke & Humel Property.

You shouldn't have to pay more than 6.6% for good service. But expect additional for advertising and a monthly admin fee.

Thanks Nick, will look into these.
How about Cunninghams? They seem to be all over the place in Manly.

They have 19 listings on the market for rent around those areas.
However, all of the listings have the same person listed as the contact person.

It is important to understand the property management structure of the business because it effects how you get service and the quality you receive.

By the looks of it, there is one person that focuses only on tenant enquiries and inspections, known as a leasing consultant.
This means that you get a disconnect from the work of the property manager who selects suitable applicants because in most cases they have never even met the person and only rely on 2nd hand information from the leasing consultant to gauge the potential tenants character.
And sometimes the employment and reference checks are done by their assistant or the leasing consultant.

In effect, the most important part of the tenancy is handled by different people on different skill and knowledge levels.
This is one drawback of a large office with separate role structures.

There are many aspects to look at when choosing an agent, but this is one of the important things that people are not really aware of.

Back