Property Managers Fees

It seems that property managers charge different fees in different States.Some charge a flat fee about 7.5%, Some charge that fee + Two weeks rent for finding a tenant, some these fees plus $55 for each quarterly inspection, Some charge an ongoing fee up to 11% plus extras. I would like to have feedback from you guys as to who has the best fees in Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, and Brisbane. Many thanks Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Ray, are you looking for the cheapest fees or the best service? In my opinion, the two are quite different and can vary enormously. If I were you, I would be shopping around for the agent who tries the hardest, insists on at least three inspections a year (and follows each one up with contact with you, if not through a written report then certainly a phonecall), lets you know regularly of any issues (rent late, repairs etc) and is easy to communicate with.

I am only paying 5.5% for my Sydney unit, yet will end up paying around 7.5-8.5% in Brisbane, as there seems to be more competition here in Sydney. I would not, however, use my Syd agency again as their service has been slack, slow and I have had to contact them (instead of the other way around). In Brisbane, I am going on the word of mouth of others who have been there, done that. Hopefully this way I will find someone who doesn't charge the earth and still gives good service- wish me luck!
Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 2

Hi to all, we are about to embark on our first Perth rental property (family there)and keen to here any good or bad stories of property managers in Perth.

Reply: 2.1

I have a couple of units in the Perth CBD and use Genesis Asset Management. I would recommend them highly.They are not the cheapest but they offer really good, pro-active service. 08 94439955
Brad

Reply: 2.1.1

Hi Everybody

Wow, my first post - I've waiting for something to come in on. What an excellent forum.

Ray, I have a property in Perth and I use Alan Bourke Real Estate. They charge 8.5% and all the extras, but I couldn't be happier with the quality of service. When I get my second property in a few months I will probably put it with them.

Nigel

Back