Property Managers in Glen Hunly

Hi all,

I bought a two bedroom apartment in Glen Huntly/Esprit complex and will be renting it out in a few weeks time (doing some quick renos there at the moment). This is my first IP and I would like to make sure I get a decent PM to manage it.

There are two agents there (Woodards and Stockdale & Leggo) and I have visited them both and talked to their PMs. All things considered, Woodards' proposition did sound a little better plus the lady I met looked professional and sounded like she knew her stuff.

As there are no other agents in the immediate vicinity (but plenty in Carnegie and Caulfield), I would be interested to know if any of you have properties in Glen Huntly, have dealt with the PMs from the agencies there or would recommend other good PM in the area. Also, from your prospective does it make much difference how far the agents are from the property?

Thanks!

Hi korneevy,

I have properties in Caulfield South that are managed by Damien Tiernan Real Estate. Their office is in East Brighton. Probably 3 km to Glen Huntly. Their tel is 9596 8282. You may mention my name as a recommendation. I have been with Damien for several of my properties for over 20 years.

A family member has unit in Glenhuntly and he uses Gary Peer and is happy with them. Another, has one in Carnegie and uses Swinnerton and is happy too.

AEOTD, I think it's more important that the PM in charge is good (NOT the company) and that the processes are in place.

I have a unit in the area that I self manage but before I did that I used Gary Peer too and he got one of his family friends into my place. His selling point was that his mate wouldn't embarass that family and their community.

Small world, Michael. Never used Damien to rent but my family knows his family.

what's it's statistics and availability ?

If it's 2 bedroom, at least 1 car spot, and under 320, I'll rent it from you, through a pm, and save you the advert. fees :)

Hi all,

Thanks for the recommendations/advice. Will have a chat with the agencies you mentioned over the next few weeks.

TheCamel, the apartment is 3 months old, 2 bedrooms, aprx. 80 square meters. It has 1 undercover car space (and plenty of "guest" parking) +storage cage and is equipped with full set of Fisher & Paykel quality white goods. Similar apartments in this complex get rented in the range of $370-$390 per week. I will be asking $390+ for mine as I have fitted-out BIRs and added storage in the living room, laundry and bathroom. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers,

K

Last edited:
Hi korneevy,
I am a tenant of woodards glenhuntly. I am happy with their service both from the point of view of as a tenant and landlord. When I started to rent the property, It was under lizzie. I am very happy with her as she was easy to comunicate with, always on time on appointments and quick to solve problems. Then it change PM. the new PM was ok. don't have any problem with him. But he was not as on time as lizzie on the appointment. But generally, I am happy with woodards. Easy to comunicate and they do their part well enough.
So far with my history of renting (as tenant), Woodards Glenhuntly is the best as they do routine inspections, easy to comunicate and act fast. The worse that I had was Run Property in Malvern. Never do their job. Had alot of problems with my ex-PM in Run property (she never return my call, did not submit my tenancy change form since my flatmate move out for traveling overseas for 1 year until I want to move out. the problem arise as some part of the bond still under my ex-flatmate name; Still got a call from a plumber regarding the property after I move out one and a half year later. And the lists continue...). as others, usually I never get routine inspection (happy as tenant but not good for landlord :p)

Back