Property market statistics and forecasts

W

WebBoard

Hi,

I'm after sources of statistics going back at least 10 years on residential property prices at the city and suburban level going back at least 10 years.

Also would be interested in forecasts of these prices.

Anyone know any good sources?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Which state?

GoAnna !
(aka Anna before she got real)

Reply: 1.1

All states.

Cheers
Steve

Reply: 1.1.1

Steve,

You can find all that sort of information from the Real Estate Institute websites for the appropriate states.

Rixter

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Thanks Rixter.

Have checked them out. They vary a bit in terms of what they've got. Maybe I haven't been thorough enough but they don't seem to have a history of prices that goes back more than a couple of years on a citywide basis and they don't have forecasts of future prices. Maybe if I was a real estate agent/member they would have that info.

Anyone else got any sources of price stats or forecasts?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

For Victoria I would look at "A Guide to property values" Valuer General Victoria

It was published in 2000 and goes back to 1989. I am not sure when the update is due out this year. Anyone seen it?

[email protected]
Tel: (03) 9603 8100

GoAnna !
(aka Anna before she got real)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

I spoke to the Valuer General last week and told him I was considering buying his book. I asked him how far away the next version was. He told me to hold off buying it because it will be updated some time after June. He said that the market has changed, in some suburbs dramatically, over the past 18 months and that the information in the current edition may be outdated and unreliable.

Until then, you'll just have to rely on the RE Institute websites from each state...and study your suburb(s) of choice well - there is no substitute for good research.
Cheers,

Dave

Back