Property Mentoring Program

Books on Property Developing

on a similar subject, thought i'd post this, as it may help.

JCM said:
Hi Philip,

I read your book sometime ago and is the only book that I ever recommend to others as it is the only book I have that gives any depth to the process. Most other books out there are very general. I see many on the forum recommending Ron Forlee books but they are just too basic for me, now that I have acquired further knowledge and experience........
I still thirst for knowledge and am writing to see if there are any other books that you may recommend on the subject, as I find it difficult to find any books that may increase my knowledge base.

Regards John

Hi John,

Thanks for positive feedback regarding Profit from Property.

There are many excellent development books available. While most are US centric they still contain plenty of relevant material. Take a look at these:

• Professional Real Estate Development: The ULI Guide to the Business - Richard Peiser

• Real Estate Development: Principles and Process - Mike E. Miles

• Construction Funding: The Process of Real Estate Development, Appraisal, and Finance - Nathan S. Collier

• Multifamily Housing Development Handbook - Adrienne Schmitz

Property Developing Mentor

If you are looking for another a property development mentor then you should check out Troy Harris http://www.rookiedeveloper.com.au/

His students seem to get a great balance of hand holding and practical advice from someone doing their own deals.

All the best
Jane Slack-Smith

do your research carefully

It is a matter of doing research

Many programs just sell you a program to sell you a property.

If you dont buy that tends to be the end of mentoring.

So if you are looking at a program

Is it designed for you?
Do they help create opportunities to help you make money?

Are they prepared to let you speak to 4 or 5 or there members?

Are they available for you to speak to when you are available, because successful people are busy people.

Because if they dont supply you with references they have something to hide.

It
Because if they dont supply you with references they have something to hide.

That's commonly suggested and sounds wise advice if possible.

However what about the person giving the reference?

Supposing you were a customer of a bank/broker/lawyer/adviser etc.

Would you want them giving out your details to strangers?

And even if you didn't object/gave permission would you want to receive phone calls/emails from strangers?

Some people may rave about a service and may be willing to give references have their contact details etc passed on. Although not always to an unsolicited caller.

And I suspect the majority would wish to keep their affairs to themselves.

So getting references may be harder than is thought.

Back