Property Savy Accountants in Perth!

Hi does anyone know of any property accountants in Perth who understand HDT, and property investing in general and who actually owns a portfolio of properties and can help with SMSF etc etc............

Hi There

I have not used this guy as yet because I have not been in need of an accountant since end of last financial year. However, I have heard he is property savvy and is brilliant at what he does.

Charles Sondergaard, 0414757496 or 63131900

Hopefully he is what you are looking for. Very hard finding a good accountant huh.

I have been using Jayne Turner from McKinley Plowman 9301 2200 and she is very good, however, I am also looking for someone else because she does not have her own portfolio. I am looking for someone as property crazy as me.

Just keep ringing around and asking the questions!

Thanks Alistair does this company understand Trusts etc and have good deeds written for them? Do you know much about this company?

What is the going rate for an investment Property tax return to be completed ? That has been purchased under a family trust ?
Also is it easy to switch between accountants as I am unhappy with mine, or is there cost involved because my accountant has set up my company and family trust and they were the settlor ?
Thanks for any info
David Perth

It is easy to switch between accountants, you get the new accountant to send the old accountant a letter requesting your documents and making sure there are no ethical reasons/objections why they shouldn't accept the appointment, and that's about it.

The settlor doesn't have too much to do with the trust, basically they contribute an asset (the settled sum), sign the deeds and can not benefit from the trust in the future so just make sure you retain all copies of the trust if you leave.

The cost can vary between accountants, I would expect for an individual and a trust with one IP you would need to ask prospective accountants.

Investment Software

We have been focussed in the last few years and now have 6 IP's plus home. Our accountant says use a book keeping program (or the like) to keep track and minimise the data entry and so costs for us at tax time, does anyone have any good suggestions? Will PIAF do this for me?

Quicken Personal
May take a little while to get used to and set up, but pretty easy after that. If you are getting your property managed, just get them to do all the expenses, then all you need is your last loan statement with your YTD interest on it and the property manager end of year reports, and depreciation schedule. That way they are effectively doing your bookkeeping for you

Can someone recomend any accountant in melbourne ? i am about to buy my first IP, and not sure whether or not to setup the trust thing.

Back