Property spruikers

:cool: they are everywhere.

Its great to go to free seminars often there is a little bit of useful content just keep your brain switched when the sales pitch starts.

Especially if they are selling new units that are the "best investment for you" if its that then keep your wallet closed until you have done some good due diligence outside the seminar room. If they are that good you can go back and buy one later.

Read Jan Somers books

Best seminar you'll ever "read" and no sales pitch.

Forget property spruiker events, you wont need them.

Read the books and then proceed to gain experience from these very pages.

An absolute wealth of knowledge & experience at your mouse pad...and it's Free with no strings attached !

Dont talk to CJay, he is the worst spruiker of them all.

chaser11__jpg_368x206_crop_q85.jpg

I was walking down Cavill St in Surfers once, when this young piece approached me and asked if I liked a free lunch. I said to myself "hello, my lucky day".

She handed me a ticket and directions to an office. Inside there were about 60 people sitting around,say, 10 tables. There was a smorgasboard arrangement. A dude on a mike was waffling on about new apartments. Each table had a coy rep trying to hard sell their property.

I had loaded my plate like a mountain and sat next to the coy rep. I started scoffing down the food and listened to this drip next to me go on about new apartments. He asked me if I was interested in buying one? I looked at him for a few seconds and said "nope".

I stood up and headed for the dessert table. I heard him say "you hungry mate". I turned around and gave a loud belch. At that point I was jostled out of the premises.

I then proceeded to look for that nice piece I met earlier but got distracted by a tavern promoting a happy hour.

I was walking down Cavill St in Surfers once, when this young piece approached me and asked if I liked a free lunch. I said to myself "hello, my lucky day".

She handed me a ticket and directions to an office. Inside there were about 60 people sitting around,say, 10 tables. There was a smorgasboard arrangement. A dude on a mike was waffling on about new apartments. Each table had a coy rep trying to hard sell their property.

I had loaded my plate like a mountain and sat next to the coy rep. I started scoffing down the food and listened to this drip next to me go on about new apartments. He asked me if I was interested in buying one? I looked at him for a few seconds and said "nope".

I stood up and headed for the dessert table. I heard him say "you hungry mate". I turned around and gave a loud belch. At that point I was jostled out of the premises.

I then proceeded to look for that nice piece I met earlier but got distracted by a tavern promoting a happy hour.

Gold! problem is most spruikers will have someone at the door and will not let you out.....

Cheers, Ivan

Read Jan Somers books

Best seminar you'll ever "read" and no sales pitch.

Forget property spruiker events, you wont need them.

Read the books and then proceed to gain experience from these very pages.

An absolute wealth of knowledge & experience at your mouse pad...and it's Free with no strings attached !

I agree these books are amazing, my father gave them to me to read when I was 18 and was started to get interested in property.

Has anyone had any bad experiences (high pressure sales) having attended a free investment seminar?

Just been reading the ABC stuff: http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2014/s4041499.htm

Thinking about going along to one, but would like to hear what other people think?

Any to avoid?

Nothing good comes for free. You find the main goal of these seminars is to instill fear in the audience by stating how tough it will be for our generation and 'where will you be in 30 years?', with the only way out being through the company and their 'unique' investment strategies. Rarely will they talk any real proven property principles. I found their psychology techniques more interesting than anything else - some of them are master manipulators.

They are free so that they can get 40 buts in seats (the complimentary beers and canapes can make it bearable) then they figure maybe 1 or 2 people will be sucked in. And yes, a lot spruik 'new property' and clearly they are getting kickbacks from the developers.

Having said this, there are property investment seminars run by regarded property professionals which you will find are at a cost of roughly $20-$80.

Tread with caution.

I have found Jenman's site to be a good source of information. This guy has put his money and reputation on the line by exposing some of Australia's worst spruikers and con-men. http://www.jenman.com.au/index.php

Personally, I tend to be wary of property spruikers who own zero or hardly any IPs. I am also extremely wary of those who talk their own book as they silently sell their overpriced junk to gullible investors.

I am not opposed to buying what a spruiker is buying himself, with his/her own money. Chances are, these foxes know good value when they see it.

I am not opposed to buying what a spruiker is buying himself, with his/her own money.

What they tell you they are investing in and what they are actually investing in can be two completely different things. They can afford to buy one of two apartments in a development if they are getting a $20 grand kickback for each property sold way above market.

Why so Peter? I am curious as to your reasons.

Whilst I concede that Jenman is a bit narcissistic, he does seem to root out and expose quite a few baddies.

Niel Jenman has made a living out of telling the public only to use a 'Jenman approved' agent, that it, an agent that has paid substantial fees to be under his brand. Whilst the overall direction of the Jenman system is good, there's things I don't agree with.

Has anyone had any bad experiences (high pressure sales) having attended a free investment seminar?

Seems like it's been around forever - and not just in Oz.

I've encountered pushy REA's in SE Asia and Europe trying to push stock. From apartments in Phuket to villas in Spain - the stuff is everywhere.

Cheers

Jamie

Back