Property values plummet due to proposed powerlines

Hi all,
Just on one year ago we recieved a nasty letter saying a State Govt owned power company - Powerlink was proposing to align a new 275,000 Volt powerline through our land with the possibility of placing one 45-75m high steel pylon on the boundary fence.

There is a website you can visit: www.saveeumundi.org

Can you lend some support to us? We'd appreciate any thoughts or offers to help us. Details at the website.

Also, from your point of view, what message does the website give? I welcome your opinion. Either post here or better, give your comments to [email protected]

Ta,
Mike

That happened to my Auntie's property a few years ago (probably 15 ......time flies) - they had 40 Acres...they ended up getting $40,000 which paid for a full reno of the house and a pool and a new car, went straight down the side of their property...didn't bother them.

hey,

just a couple of quick points on the site:

- seems very busy, information overload
- whilst i know what the key message is, doesnt really show me the "impact" of it
- can i help? I am not a resident but is there some form of a petition?

hope the feedback helps :)

Regards,

Ben

Appreciate your input

Thanks Ben.

Any chance you could summarize the key message from your perspective.

There is a petition, link on the website.

Thanks,
Mike

hey,

just a couple of quick points on the site:

- seems very busy, information overload
- whilst i know what the key message is, doesnt really show me the "impact" of it
- can i help? I am not a resident but is there some form of a petition?

hope the feedback helps :)

Regards,

Ben

It's interesting your site talks about demand management.

I'm a beta tester on this new online community called www.smartenergygroups.com.au. It's a place to discuss reducing energy consumption for the environment and to save money. You should check it out.

Back