Propping/leveling Brick Veneer Home

leveling Brick Veneer Home

Hi All,

I'm after some information/contacts for leveling a house. I've purchased a late 70's or early 80's brick veneer in Scoresby that is in need of some major TLC including propping/packing numerous concrete stumps as some areas look to have dropped almost 20mm. Some of the cracks on plaster are quite substantial (image attached) so I'm hoping packing stumps will fix this problem prior to re hanging plaster.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to somebody with expertise in the South Eastern Melbourne region? Also cost wise, what can I expect to have my property leveled? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hi Dan

Firstly, cost of the repair will vary depending upon whether there's sub-floor access or if they have to cut out a section of flooring and work from above (ok if it is only structural flooring/carpet but more expensive if it's polished bosrds).

The underfloor will need to be inspected to confirm the scope and do the remediation eg pour a new pad and rebuild pier or just require packing to the bearers affected.

Back