Proud of my Daughter..

Willair, you daughter did the right thing and you have every right to be proud. Her safety in these situations is ALL THAT MATTERS!!!

I once had a grieving crazy man go off his nana at me when I was vet nursing. Very scary. You just have to protect yourself.

Maybe the shop needs an emergency button under the desk? If it happens a lot it might be something the boss could think about?

You're proud your daughter was a door mat for these pieces of scum? She needs to get a backbone and tell people when to **** off!
Bon,she could have gone down that road and put herslf in between two people that may well have taken it too the next level,if they are prepared to walk out then they may well deal my daughter in who knows,that's what i have always taught them you can smell danger,and ego,,nothing wrong with walking away,BTW i did go looking for them just to have a talk too them,maybe they will do the same to someone at three in the morning in a Brisbane Valley Nightclub,only this time they will use a glass or have the same happen too them..
If you ever have children Bon,and hold them from the first second they are born then you will find out if someone hurts them 1%-then it will hurt you 1000%..willair..

You're proud your daughter was a door mat for these pieces of scum? She needs to get a backbone and tell people when to **** off!

She did show backbone mate, plenty of it . There's more than one way to skin a cat & she used the intelligent method, would you rather your daughter got her head kicked in or worse.

my 7yr old daughter bought an award home from school the other day for ... always having beautiful manners.

man, i was proud.

to me having good manners is high on the priority list.

personally, i'd like to see a return of the days when the copper could take the yobbo youth out the back and give him a good thrashing - but not as good as the thrashing they'd get from the old man when he found out the coppers'd pulled you up.

the poor attitude's come from the parents - unfortunately they are the ones breeding!

There are some people that will just back down when you stand up to them, and then there are others that will just pull out a knife, etc.

Yeah, there are all sorts of Pyschos out there! You have to be so careful when dealing and interacting with people. My friend a while ago was stabbed multiple times in her chest. Injured badly. I guess she didnt realise the guy she bought back to her house party was capable of. Some might even look and act normal but on the inside are maniacs.

Now when i'm out driving or im out and about i keep in mind that there are unstable people out there and have to be careful in the way that I handle things cos you just dont know.... the other person might just lose it! Especially on the road. There are lots of road ragers out there. I try to not let myself get angry, i just slow down, wait till they have gone past. Sometimes i even pull over just to avoid them. I never get caught up in the rage because.... what happens if the guy has a knife in the car! Your dead meat arnt ya!

I'm doing a conflict management course (interpersonal skills) at work soon. Will be very interesting. I hope its a good one.

There is a bully at work, and i along with my supervisors are realising she is mentally unstable. I think she has some kind of personality disorder where she needs to be in control be in power. Only problem is, is that she is a team member not the team leader. She is a manipulator.

I will have to be careful in how i interact with her in the future. I think i'm getting a bit scared of her now. I'll talk to my supervisor more about this when i get back from my holidays. I will also make sure i keep a good record and take notes. Hmmm maybe i'll make a another topic about this

Now when i'm out driving or im out and about i keep in mind that there are unstable people out there and have to be careful in the way that I handle things cos you just dont know....

Precisely! These days it's just too risky. My friend's sister got into a road incident where someone cut her off, she told him off or something and he pulled out a gun! Didn't use it, but was holding it up to scare her. She was petrified.

Bon, from your other posts I get the impression you are rather an aggressive person but sometimes the smartest thing is to just shut up and use your brains rather than your mouth and fists. I think she handled the situation very well.

Now when i'm out driving or im out and about i keep in mind that there are unstable people out there and have to be careful in the way that I handle things cos you just dont know....

came across one of those today!

was on my way to the supermarket and was halfway between the supermarket and the dept housing complex that has a severe drug and abuse problem, when some dreggy looking bloke on a bike wandered onto the road in front of me. i stopped in the middle of the road and wait while he weaved his way across.

when he was past, i glanced at a lady at the side of the road. she raised her eyebrows and i shrugged back to say "some people!" cause i don't let these idiots (road ragers or wandering druggo's) get to me when driving and prefer to stay chilled.

well, the guy must have thought i was giving him the finger so he turned around and started abusing me. he then reached into the car, turned off the ingnition and tried to take my keys.

needless to say i fisted him a backhander across the face as hard as i could, quickly did the window up and locked the doors while he staggered backwards, and then started the car. he punched the window abusing me and demanded that "if i didn't give him money he'd report me to the police for abuse."

well, that time i did give him the finger as i drove off.

drugs have a heck of a lot to answer for when it comes to irrational violence!

well, the guy must have thought i was giving him the finger so he turned around and started abusing me. he then reached into the car, turned off the ingnition and tried to take my keys.

I can't believe the stories I read on here... I live a very sheltered life!!! I know drugs are to blame for a lot of it, but no one makes them take the drugs in the first place. Especially these days, everyone knows drugs are bad. Glad you were able to drive off ok, this is why I drive with my doors locked, and I think someone that scary near my car, my window would have already been up (love electric windows!). Maybe this is why I don't encounter any of this, I'm too scared to look sideways at anyone anyhow. :)

Precisely! These days it's just too risky. My friend's sister got into a road incident where someone cut her off, she told him off or something and he pulled out a gun! Didn't use it, but was holding it up to scare her. She was petrified.

:eek: omg, thank god it wasnt loaded!!

When I encounter people who i feel scared of/intimidated by, from experience I've learned to not make any eye contact and to keep a straight face. Seems to work well! I think sometimes these people see you looking at them and their minds sometimes (delusional) are seeing/thinking things that arn't really there.

Also if they are on drugs they could be having a pyschotic episode and may be hearing voices or seeing things that are distorting their reality. They may think you are out to get them or something. There life is in danger and they have to act. Druggies have these episodes as well as people who have a mental condition which is not being treated/managed. They dont think logically. Its all distorted.

:)

story about lizzie kicking a$$

WOW, that's quite a story! Sounds like you got a nice punch in, i'm impressed :cool:

It would have been even cooler if you kept an eye on him, and managed to direct the cops onto him... but still quite a cool story :cool:
But yeah, next time keep your window closed and the doors locked in that area.

:eek: omg, thank god it wasnt loaded!!

What makes you think it wasn't loaded? Maybe it was a water pistol, but maybe it was a real loaded gun :confused:

My friend's sister got into a road incident where someone cut her off, she told him off or something and he pulled out a gun! Didn't use it, but was holding it up to scare her. She was petrified.

oh gosh ... i bet she was too scared to even think about getting his licence plate for the cops either.

Back