Proud of my Daughter..

Had a funny thing happened in our family yesterday,oUR oldest daughter has some spare time till so goes back to uni,so she goes out and gets a job as a SalesLady in a upmarket dress shop that sells formal dressess to the student market and above maybe a target range from 13-30.. 2 days into the job everything is going along just fine,i called her a few times just to make sure everything was fine as any father would do,got a call yesterday afternoon,she's on the phone all she said was dad please come in there is a problem,two young ladies walked in one with a young bady,they looked at over 30 dresses,come out of the change room throw the dress on the ground daughter would pick it up put in back on the coathanger,try to help them in every way,they find the dress they want
it's worth about 570 bucks,one of the young ladies pulls out 250 and said that all it worth that's all i'm paying,and starts out the door,all my daughter siad was ok:):) but just let me put it in a bag and give you the coathanger,by then the lady who runs the shop came over,both the girls from Africa spat in my daughter face,then just walked out the door

I 'm very proud the way my daughter handled herself something like that can blow out into something very dangerous and all just for trying to sell a dress..willair..

That sort of thing really would rattle me, and your daughter is probably gobsmacked at how others can treat her. I would imagine that is not something that happens often.... at least I hope it doesn't.

I think that it is when something happens that is totally so unexpected, in a dress shop (not known for dramatics I would think) that it is more shocking than something "crazy" happening in a pub or nightclub when you would be on the lookout for a troublesome customer.

They can amaze you , so together . You should rush out & buy her a little pressy to show her how proud you are , sounds like she deserves it.

Mines only 8 but her togetherness just blows us away , particularly in people issues. Any kid or teacher troubles at school for example , she's handled things probably smoother than we would have quite a few times . Mind blowing .

I've actually been feeling guilty all morning b/c she was late for school , talk about a Freddie sometimes , lost me cool and roared at her to finish and get the hell going . She's stuffing about trying to get her runners on and I bent down and grabbed the damn shoe and pushed , bus coming . I forgot how wobbly their little legs are at that age with a grown man pushing on that damn shoe, would not go on. Or that it takes them 5 mins to tie a lace.
Ok stand bloody up and push your foot in come on get on with it bus is here.

Pushed her out the door , shirt hanging out shoes 1/2 on . Wifey will blast me tonight - you don't send your daughter to school looking like that ra ra , woops .

Cheers

customer service roles can really suck sometimes. You are often not treated like a person, but rather the customers personal pincushion, slave, assistant. It is appalling how some people think it is ok to treat customer service personnel, it isn't like they are being paid well for the privledge of being abused.

You're proud your daughter was a door mat for these pieces of scum? She needs to get a backbone and tell people when to **** off!

You look after your girl and give her a big hug.:)

Sadly those 2 rude people will tell their friends and this will become the norm for them.
Unfortunatley they probably got away with it in their previous country and now they are going to treat us this way too.:mad:

doesn't matter what colour people are or where they come from etc etc, there are rude people everywhere.

I kinda agree with Bon & although 2 wrongs don't make a right, I would've found it ok/humerous if she had've slapped them into next Tuesday for that downright disgusting behaviour!

You're proud your daughter was a door mat for these pieces of scum? She needs to get a backbone and tell people when to **** off!

I don't think that's what he's proud of, I think that he's proud of her keeping her cool, and just giving the scum what they wanted, to get rid of them.

There are some people that will just back down when you stand up to them, and then there are others that will just pull out a knife, etc.

I wish some of the ideologues who sit in comfy $2000 tax funded ergonomic chairs in Canberra, could get a bit of the same. You know, the ones who resent traditional Australian values, and think we'll be better off with a high representation of 3rd world values.

Why do the grubs that behave like this, think that they can get away with it?
What would happen to me if I was in a pub and spat in a barmaid's face?

Willair, that's beautiful.

When i worked at Maccas i had people spit on me and throw drinks/chips back in face.

Some people are disgusting and it's good your daughter took it in her stride and remained calm :)

I wish some of the ideologues who sit in comfy $2000 tax funded ergonomic chairs in Canberra, could get a bit of the same. You know, the ones who resent traditional Australian values, and think we'll be better off with a high representation of 3rd world values.

Why do the grubs that behave like this, think that they can get away with it?
What would happen to me if I was in a pub and spat in a barmaid's face?

Id expect the bouncer would pull you up and throw you out with a few kicks n punches

And if these girls were men and behaved that way in a pub, I'd expect the same to happen to them.

These girls were lucky that they a shop with no security and with young also female staff to behave like that in.

Anyway off topic, willair, your daughter behaved very coolly and I also think you should be proud of her

The thing is these social misfits keep getting away with this type of behaviour because they can.

Even if you do attempt to report them and try to have them charged, the chances are excellent that they'll get off with a slap on the wrist, and that's assuming it's not thrown out of court for lack of evidence beforehand.

And when you do take them to court the bet is the the decent, innocent victim is the one that suffers the stress.

I and another person were witnesses in court recently (a civil matter) and the accused used ran his finger against his neck to demonstrate to us that he'd cut our throats.

Your daughter did the right thing though and should be commended for behaving as she did. As unpleasant as it was the end result may have been even more unpleasant.

Willair, your daughter is not alone. My older daughter was telling me about an incident that happened to her today. She works at a GoLo store in a small shopping centre. She was assaulted by her customer, was scratched and spat at. She gets a few nasty customers on a regular basis, all are from the same nationality and are quite scarey. She is only 5foot tall and weighs around 50kg, whereas these nasty customers are usually at least six inches taller and more than double the weight.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone maybe it's more common then people think,and as Australia is starting to change more quickly then we all think,maybe we will just see more of this attitude in people that come too this country to start a new life,when i go out to do any business and have to deal with any sales people i always call them sir or miss,and watch their eyes when you say those words,most don't know how to handle it when you treat them as important people,that's the way i was bought up.and that's the way my family is, when we had a talk last night she told me what happened was a good experience for her,after all when she is finished uni
she will be working with people like those everyday,and like i always tell them it's only sent to test you,willair..

Back