"Provence, France"

W

WebBoard

Hi all,

Yes I know its a curly one but........ does anyone know anything about IPs in France?? A friend is about to spend $$ buying one, and wants me to check the figures and do a building inspection. Damn it'll be tough, an all expenses paid trip to France to check out an IP! No, jobs like this don't come up often.

I gather he is looking at holiday rentals etc. Any of you know of a web site or two that may be of use?

Thanx in advance, Michael Croft

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

G'day Michael

I specialize in negotiations....

Can I go too. So I can negotiate the price that is. I'll make him more then my flight costs.....

ohhh.... please

Cheers
Robert

Reply: 3

Cher Michael,

You need an interpreter. In addition, I know Provence well (ah, la Provence, son romarin, sa garrigue, ses vins, le moulin de Daudet ...). So get your friend to budget for an interpreter: I'm coming along ... :)

And if you need a good fare, let me know (I am an independent travel consultant!). By the way, if you are flying to Nice, be prepared for huge delays getting out of the airport: the whole place is a huge building site, and all major roads are disrupted.

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire
(aka Jacques in the old forum)

Reply: 4

Hi Michael,

On a more serious note, try the following:
http://www.smartimmo.com/annonces_immobilieres/maisons_vacances.html
When you have entered in the English part of the site, at the top left hand corner you will see a menu entry: Listings. Hopefully your knowledge of the geography of the départements of France will be up to scratch :)
Another one:
http://www.mtimmo.com/
You will find an entry to a page in English. Look at the warning message at the top of the page, and you will want to take me as an interpreter: "Please, this is an electronic and approximativ translation of the site".
Also:
http://www.maisons-de-vacances.com/region.asp?page=3&typ=19
Although in French, it will give you an idea of what holiday rentals cost.

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire

Reply: 3.1

AM

and you would be able to help with the traffic jams too I take it? :)

Jude

Reply: 3.1.1

Hi Jude,

Well, I can swear in French, so I guess it could help! :) And if I do it with the southern France accent (té, peuchère!), it might have a better effect! :)

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire

Reply: 4.1

Hi all,

Thanx for the info!! Sorry about the slow response but have just been on a school camp with my youngest daughter for three days. My respect for teachers has gone up immeasurably!! Took 28 of the little darlings away and could have quite happily left a few behind, must be lacking in the maternal instinct department.

Mais oui je parle un petit peu Francais, I lived in New Caledonia as a kid for 5 years. If you want to come along you will have to meet very stringent criteria; you know the young, female, good looking, of independent means, GSOH, etc,etc,. Of course my wife will have something to say about it!

Michael ;^)

Back