Providing wifi in a short let holiday home

Don't supply it...let them bring their own ...that's what I am doing with my holiday house. From Telstra works well.

Chris

Google Internet cafe software. There are plenty of systems around where you can manage usage. You might also want to block certain sites such as torrent sites to prevent a nasty email from copyright holders.

I would also want a record of exactly who logged on and when to cover yourself incase someone did something illegal and you being the owner get blamed.

This is what i'd do:

I'd sign up for a decent iinet [preferably "naked"] plan for about $60 per month. 100gb or 200gb [$70] is pretty hard to max out, even if you try really hard.

Then I'd install a wifi router which lets me limit the download speed to something like 0.5mB/s, or about 1/3 of iinet's usual max. This would still be more than enough for wifi on holiday and would make sure they weren't taking up the whole month's data.

Don't supply it...let them bring their own ...that's what I am doing with my holiday house. From Telstra works well.

Chris

yeh I wanted to avoid it but I have had a couple of substantial bookings which demanded it which mean I am best to just put it in rather than lose them... someone from europe has taken it for a month and they want to be able to work there for example. And the signal there is shocking so I do need a copper wire style solution

thanks for that- I'm not very technical so not so sure, you really think there is an ability to allocate download data?

I've never personally installed the software the guy is talking about in the article, but i've seen a bunch of articles like it. It has a big user base and there would be lot's of good information easily searchable about it.

And yes, I assume there would be that ability.

Back