Purchasing a Puppy

Ah, crazily cute! They look like border collies; I have such a soft spot for those herding critters. I was considering one until I found out they may attempt to herd my cats :eek:
On that note;

We had a black and white border collie called Clancy, who used to herd our galah until it climbed up a tree to have some peace. (the galah couldn't fly and was quite happy wandering around the back yard by foot).

Like most BC's - he herded everything that moved.

Not to be beaten, Clancy learned how to climb the tree (a nectarine tree) and sit as close to the galah as he could without falling off - the galah was by now out on the skinny twigs.

It was hysterical watching the dog climb and fall enough times to work out just how far he could go out on the limbs before they broke.

He eventually died after being run over by a fast escaping car wheel that he had only just herded.

On that note;

We had a black and white border collie called Clancy, who used to herd our galah until it climbed up a tree to have some peace. (the galah couldn't fly and was quite happy wandering around the back yard by foot).

Like most BC's - he herded everything that moved.

Not to be beaten, Clancy learned how to climb the tree (a nectarine tree) and sit as close to the galah as he could without falling off - the galah was by now out on the skinny twigs.

It was hysterical watching the dog climb and fall enough times to work out just how far he could go out on the limbs before they broke.

He eventually died after being run over by a fast escaping car wheel that he had only just herded.

Clancy sounds like he was a positively awesome pooch, though the galah might have disagreed :)

This is my pup, I get him next Sunday. I can't wait!!!

Attachments

• Mikey1.jpg
    Mikey1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 78
Very lovely! More photos after :rolleyes:

Definitely! Visiting again tomorrow so I'll try to get some more then. I've got a few other photos, but they were taken by a professional photographer for the rescue company, so not sure if I'm allowed to post them up or not. Will see if I can get permission.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I am wondering if you can help me find the right breeder to buy puppy from.

My daughter is turning 10 soon and we wana get her english cocker spaniel puppy. I know they might have temperament issues and would really like to find good, registered breeder that has puppies on offer.
There are so much info online, just thought I would ask if anyone has any contacts and experience to help me where to start :)

There are lot of ads saying pure breed but should I ask for pedigree papers as well??

Thank you!!

OMG when will people ever get over this need for designer pooches. See all previous posts, zillions of absolutely beautiful, unique dogs with loving personalities and zero issues all waiting for a home before they get put down. Don't feed the trade in breeding, it's about money not about caring for animals. Have a visit to your local pound and see what amazing options are waiting, your daughter will love any dog.

I know nothing about dogs & pets in general.
Question: how do puppies end up at the RSPCA in the first place? Are they abandoned by breeders?

OMG when will people ever get over this need for designer pooches. See all previous posts, zillions of absolutely beautiful, unique dogs with loving personalities and zero issues all waiting for a home before they get put down. Don't feed the trade in breeding, it's about money not about caring for animals. Have a visit to your local pound and see what amazing options are waiting, your daughter will love any dog.

+1

Why an English cocker spaniel? Our first family dog was a cavalier King Charles spaniel, because the breed was "cute". :rolleyes: it was incredibly dumb to the point of being untrainable, high maintenance and suffered from numerous health issues.. Buying from a breeder worked out well there :rolleyes:

Our current dog is a rescue kelpie. Best dog ever :) get a rescue dog!!

Hi everyone, I am wondering if you can help me find the right breeder to buy puppy from.

My daughter is turning 10 soon and we wana get her english cocker spaniel puppy. I know they might have temperament issues and would really like to find good, registered breeder that has puppies on offer.
There are so much info online, just thought I would ask if anyone has any contacts and experience to help me where to start :)

There are lot of ads saying pure breed but should I ask for pedigree papers as well??

Thank you!!

Hey Nem - Why English Cocker Spaniel?
They need a lot of exercise or otherwise can be skittish. They also have some hereditary issue, so you will need to check your breeder and talk to them. Good breeders will never let their puppies go to unsuitable homes and would take them back for rehoming.

please consider a rescue dog from your local pound.

There are thousands of dogs euthanised each year at the pounds because they cannot find homes.

I always get my dogs from the pound. They desperatly need homes.

Save a life and get a dog from the pound.

Yes, yes and yes
Don't buy from pet stores, Google "where do puppies come from". Puppy mills, cruel, disgusting, don't be fooled, money machines.

This is a little of topic, get pet insurance!

We had to shell out 13k for our Frenchie's spine operation.

Yep it's money well spent. We've made three claims with our pug - most expensive was a $3k operation because he ate something he shouldn't have.

Cheers

Jamie

Back