Purchasing in VIC - Frankston Area

it a go say M.Lomas

Well its confirmed the Frankston debate is in..............
And Frankston or "Scankston" to the locals is the next best thing acording to Margaret Lomas on Money matters (or is it Makers??) tonight - foxtel....

And Frankston or "Scankston" to the locals is the next best thing acording to Margaret Lomas on Money matters tonight - foxtel....

Was watching that too and heard that. I am hoping the vendors or other potential buyers for a development property I am looking at, didn't hear that too ;)

As an aside, Margaret always makes the other property guests look pretty average. Her advice is succinct, clear & well. The other schmo tonight was ordinary to say the least.

And Frankston or "Scankston" to the locals is the next best thing acording to Margaret Lomas on Money matters (or is it Makers??) tonight - foxtel....

Never heard it referred to as Scankston by the locals. Maybe those from outside the area.

Margaret Lomas is now saying what the locals and those in the general area have known for sometime.

Hi I just stumbled on this site and find it great, I have been looking at some properties and found this one on the web in frankston north, I have been told Tamarisk drive is a good part of this area what do people think of properties like this. I may move in for a while then rent it out. I have also been told there is mostly owner occupiers around this part ? Is this true or false. Any thoughts, comments would be appreciated cheers. ps I am not a seasoned investor.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=105598363&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=20410008&s=vic&tm=1236896513

Frankston North is a great area really changing but i'd stear clear of Tamarisk Drive with the new Frankston Bypass running along there. Look for something closer to the Seaford Hotel. Check out the Frankston Nth thread too

Thanks for the feedback, the bypass does not bother me that much as they generally have sound barriers, frankston dandy road is busy as is ballarto road. I have looked at some other areas but find some look at bit dodgy and contain a high amount of housing comission. I also like the fact that you have no neighbors accross the street and its not a busy thouroghfare. I think there will be some nature park left across the road after the bypass I am not sure. I just started looking so I will explore all options, i dont have much money to play with either.

thanks

yeah tamarisk drive is a beautifull street full of owner occupiers .... if the always negative bayside would get his facts straight .... have a look at http://www.seita.com.au/pages/interactive-maps-1.asp and tell me what you see....

its like saying ohh there is 10 traffic death's on springvale road ..soo its very dangerous to live on the entire springvale road. not just the black spots..

and the seaford hotel is just up the road ... but there is a decent amount of traffic on seaford road in the peak hours where tamarisk drive is (because of the nature reserve) a nice quiet spot where only residents go.

cheerfully yours

GG.. The younger one.

g'day all

Have been reading this thread for a while and have a question for those of you who hail/invest from the area:

can you recommend a good solicitor/conveyancer for my brother who is looking at buying the seaford/carrum area? Please pm me with any recommendations.

thanks in advance!!

Front page of the Leader this week.

Found the online version:

http://leader-news.whereilive.com.au/news/story/mr-frankston/

A HOT-SHOT millionaire has called on Frankston Council to create a city in which he can spend his riches.

The developer said he and big spenders like him would view a green light for the proposed marina as a sign to invest their millions in the city.

Rob Emond, 40, described the marina as “Frankston’s last chance to become the city it should be”.

Harbour project no `island’

Mr Emond, who has already spent $14 million in Frankston in the past few years, said he and other major investors would see the marina as a signal that the city was moving forward.

“Frankston is on the cusp of becoming a modern, thriving city,” Mr Emond said.

“If they decide to build a marina it will be a sign to me and others that this place is going in the right direction. A marina with plenty of facilities will be a springboard for major investment in Frankston.

“And it is perfectly positioned. Patterson Lakes is too small and has no parking; Mt Martha is too far from Melbourne.”

Continues online...

Rob Eamond is a professional golfer and property developer he owns a public golf course and has done some recent land subdivisions. I doubt harris has spent anywhere near 14m in frankston, in fact hasnt harris sold most of his frankston holdings ?

Back