Purchasing in VIC - Frankston Area

I heard this news this morning.. not sure what the extent of the impact will this be on the area, but at the very least it can't be negative. Now am just patiently waiting for Eastlink to complete and see how many ppl from north eastern suburbs will be attracted to Frankston. Wonder when will bogans in Frankston North and the Pine move out of the area completely?

The bogans won't have a choice - they will (eventually) be priced out.

Agree with you feihong... Lots of bogans in Frankston... I remember having lunch at Sofitel branch in there two months ago ended up almost gotten into a fight with a local jerk who asked me for change and then spits at me when I refused to give him... of course his saliva didn't reach me... else he'd be dead =)

Why people would want to buy in Frankston? Yes, I have heard about near the water and the bypass development. But, 40 kms from CBD and a town centre which does not have a lively feeling, I personally do not many people would want to stay there... I would rather live in Inner Eastearn suburbs like Noble Park, Hampton Park, Dandenong and Narre Warren. At least, we see lots of more decent people there, mostly settled down families. There are also train lines and freeway in those suburbs. Schools are also much better in those areas.

Supa Rex... the bogans have lived there 100 years... some of the houses you guys bought used to be theirs!

Agree with you feihong... Lots of bogans in Frankston... I remember having lunch at Sofitel branch in there two months ago ended up almost gotten into a fight with a local jerk who asked me for change and then spits at me when I refused to give him... of course his saliva didn't reach me... else he'd be dead =)

Why people would want to buy in Frankston? Yes, I have heard about near the water and the bypass development. But, 40 kms from CBD and a town centre which does not have a lively feeling, I personally do not many people would want to stay there... I would rather live in Inner Eastearn suburbs like Noble Park, Hampton Park, Dandenong and Narre Warren. At least, we see lots of more decent people there, mostly settled down families. There are also train lines and freeway in those suburbs. Schools are also much better in those areas.

Frankston is bound to be an interesting suburb like northern suburbs of Melbourne (see "Ivanhoe, VIC" post). It seems that "good" and "bad" area are divided by Davey St. On one hand, you have places like Olivier Hills that's occupied by millionaires on the southern side, and on the other you have ppl who struggle to keep up with rents across the road from Davey St. This is also reflected in schools, where Frankston High is in the top 20 percentile of Victoria, and you don't see anything mentioned about the other two high schools. Only time will tell how Frankston will shape up

I know there are lots of bogans in frankston, but come on noble park or dandenong, without being racist at least frankston bogans talk english.

Yes, Frankston does have its share of Bogans.

But it has alot more going for it than people think. And adding the AFL side of St Kilda to it will only add to its appeal.

Even bogans need places to live, and some of them are very good tenants.

Yeah, with St Kilda team in the area, I agree that the street appeal will increase... Still, suburbs with bogans had proved a slow capital growth in the past. So hopefully, the bogans in Frankston will gain some dignity and move somewhere else hehe...

Yeah, with St Kilda team in the area, I agree that the street appeal will increase... Still, suburbs with bogans had proved a slow capital growth in the past. So hopefully, the bogans in Frankston will gain some dignity and move somewhere else hehe...

Just a side note, if you believe in "sign", then you could interpret the moving of St Kilda FC to Frankston as a symbol of what is to come in Frankston, i.e. a mixture of affluence and filth, and a place that is never completely gentrified.

Frankston has alot going for it. When i heard this news this morning I said to my wife that we just made $30k. We have 2 townhouses walking distance to the Franskton Oval in Sth Frankston.

Dont forget that Frankston has the following;
1. Monash Uni
2. Frankston TAFE
3. Frankston Hospital
4. Frankston Private Hospitals
5. Its the gateway to the Peninsula
6. The foreshore is being developed
7. Marina
8. Eastlink access
9. The bulk stores
10. Frankston city development as part of 2030

As prices rise, those that cannot afford Frankston will move to Cranbourne, Dandenong etc.

Just a side note, if you believe in "sign", then you could interpret the moving of St Kilda FC to Frankston as a symbol of what is to come in Frankston, i.e. a mixture of affluence and filth, and a place that is never completely gentrified.

I grew up in Mentone. Some 20 yrs ago as a teenager I went to friend of the families who lived in Aspendale. I thought what a hole. I now live in that same street. There has been alot of change in that time.

I see that happening in Frankston now.

I grew up in Mentone. Some 20 yrs ago as a teenager I went to friend of the families who lived in Aspendale. I thought what a hole. I now live in that same street. There has been alot of change in that time.

I see that happening in Frankston now.

What I was trying to say is, Frankston North/the Pine region is deeply rooted with low socio-economical background communities and will really take a lot time to change. That's why I was drawing comparison to St Kilda. Also, like St Kilda, parts of Frankston is really affluent, and the sky is limit for the properties in these places (and that include your 2 townhouses and my unit :)).

I got a 3 + 1 Bedrooms house in Winton Ave, Frankston South. I am thinking of selling it. Should I do it now or wait until the completion of the freeway link?

Sorry to here about the problems with the agents of the deleted posts.:

It is unfortunate that our posts had to be deleted. I was highlighting my experience with a certain real estate company in Frankston, and want others to be aware of how extensive the problem is within the organization. The particular company in question is down right negligent in their management of rental properties, and shows a total disregard for landlords and their investments. The structural problem the company had last year was absolutely ludicrous, and it sounds like the company still hasn't sorted out the issue.

I would encourage investors in Frankston to select rental managers very carefully! Fortunately for me, I have now found an excellent property manager who goes in to bat for the landlord each and every time!

Regards Jason.

I got a 3 + 1 Bedrooms house in Winton Ave, Frankston South. I am thinking of selling it. Should I do it now or wait until the completion of the freeway link?

Hi DonkeyKong,

If you cant hang on to it, then I would wait. I was speaking with Andrew Milne of Andrew Milne Real estate two weeks ago. He is anticipating another 10% increase in property prices in the lead up to the completion of the freeway.

Regards Jason.

I grew up in Donvale and was quite proud of my suburb. I too was a little reluctant to buy in Frankston, but having lived in Frankston South for the past nine years, I couldn't live anywhere else. I love the beach. My husband enjoys his morning runs along the beach and my children love the entertainment and life that's down here.

In the suburbs you have nothing. A few shops, maybe, but that's about it. There are so many activities and festivals down here. It really does rock! As far as the bogans go. I really don't see them where I live.

I have the luxury of being on a semi rural block, close to the beach, Melbourne Uni, Major Shopping Ctres, transport, Toorak College, Tafe, Frankston High School, restaurants on the beach and not to mention some really great friends. It truely is a beautiful place to live.

We are close to everything we need and THE BEACH! It is a beautiful suburb and as for the Pines, give it time. As prices escalate, alot of the properties will be re-developed and as with any suburb that is undergoing major change, they move on.

We haven't even considered the marina, which is still on the cards. In the next 5-10 years, you will not know this area. I have seen it happen in too many other run down suburbs. But guess what? This one is undergoing a new face lift, which will inturn attract a whole new audience.

Go Frankston. :D

Toni

Last edited:
jingo, I shared the same experience as you with the above property management organisation with the name that start with "Mornington". The issue I have with them is difficult to believe. Unfortunately the post was deleted by the forum moderator.

I last spoken to Andrew Milne 1.5 year ago, LOL. He had told me he was a Frankston High boy and therefore highly recommending that I buy somewhere around the high school zone.

Back