pushy investment consultant

Hi all,

Since last few weeks I have been constantly contacted by a consultant from Lifestyle Planning Group. Has anyone heard of them? They say they are "Independent" investment consultancy. He was proposing to show few IPs around Brisbane area. I am sure they are one of those agents who take people on ride to show few IPs, mostly OTP type and try to sell them on behalf of builders.

He is being very pushy and I don't know how to make him stop contacting me? I told him I am not interested in buying any OTP but he said he can show some already build properties as well and kept on insisting that they work for clients not for developers. I am not sure how trust worthy are they. Could any one suggest what to do to avoid him? Even if I manage to avoid him, what are the other ways if I want to buy property interstate?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

get his phone number and tell him you'll call.

then don't.

when he calls back - put on a fake accent and say "no speaker engrish" and hang up.

Did you tell him:

1. you need to borrow 110% of the purchase price
2. you need the property to be CF+ as you are unemployed
;)

Cheers,

The Y-man

He is being very pushy and I don't know how to make him stop contacting me?
Tell him you are just looking around and agree to spend 2-3 hrs to view his properties in exchange for an upfront return ticket and free accommodation in Brissie with no strings attached. :D

LOL thanks a lot guys for giving a nice dose of humor.

Well I just didn't want to insult him thats all. I think I can manage to get rid of him. But the IMP question is how to proceed to buy IP interstate? I am pretty sure there are many investors out there like me who wants to buy interstate but just don't know how to achieve this or may be afraid of going through painful process.

It would be great to have an article on "How to buy property interstate?" which could give brief guideline on what to do and how to do. Thanks Aimjoy for pointing out three step process.

Thanks

Hi all,

Since last few weeks I have been constantly contacted by a consultant from Lifestyle Planning Group. Has anyone heard of them? They say they are "Independent" investment consultancy. He was proposing to show few IPs around Brisbane area. I am sure they are one of those agents who take people on ride to show few IPs, mostly OTP type and try to sell them on behalf of builders.

He is being very pushy and I don't know how to make him stop contacting me? I told him I am not interested in buying any OTP but he said he can show some already build properties as well and kept on insisting that they work for clients not for developers. I am not sure how trust worthy are they. Could any one suggest what to do to avoid him? Even if I manage to avoid him, what are the other ways if I want to buy property interstate?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Two words:
ANSWERING MACHINE

I've had a few similar organisations contact me lately wanting to 'explain how to use the equity in my home to start an investment portfolio'. I generally just tell them that I'm already an investor and have it under control, but thanks for calling.

I'd be interested to know who sold my contact details though.

Had a couple of clients tell me that they had been telemarketed by a few Brisbane firms recently.

Premium Finance is one doing the rounds and they have the best valued real estate in SE Qld .... or so they tell on the phone.

Things must be getting tough in the direct sales market.

Tell him you are depressed because you just found out from your monthly AIDS blood test you ALSO have got hepatitis C, then cough like hell over the phone.

Then wait for a response:eek:

Last edited:
Back