Putting down asphalt for the right of way for development purposes

I have a DA and the council has made it a condition that the rear right of way that I will be using for access to all 3 units will be the paved.

Their specific words were adequately paved, drained and kerbed right of way constructed to the council's specifications.

I will need to construct an access way of about 30m, and this right of way accesses about 30 properties (most of which are after my property).

Has anyone done similar works and can offer some advice? I will have to liaise with the councils engineering officer for specifications for construction method etc. However it would be good to know any tips before i dive in. I have been told that I may be able to back claim off others who wish to use the access way as a right of way for their properties in the future. This might be important depending on how much it will cost.

Normally you will need to pay for it to be done up to and including your property unless the laneway/ROW is in a scheduled laneway improvement schedule and budgeted for.

The laneway after your property you don't have to do.

If there are properties before yours will will also use it you can seek them to share the cost but I believe you can't force them to contribute as they are already happily using the laneway as it is - bit like the fencing laws.

I hope it's not too expensive for you as sometimes they just want it bituminised but if its kerbing and draining too that will be $$$

What council is this? City of Vincent?

Do any other councils also make this part of DA?

Normally you will need to pay for it to be done up to and including your property unless the laneway/ROW is in a scheduled laneway improvement schedule and budgeted for.

If there are properties before yours will will also use it you can seek them to share the cost but I believe you can't force them to contribute as they are already happily using the laneway as it is - bit like the fencing laws.

I hope it's not too expensive for you as sometimes they just want it bituminised but if its kerbing and draining too that will be $$$

I have been advised that I will need to complete the roadworks up to and including my place.

Thanks WM, they do want it kerbed and drained. Might have to go trawl through the internet for quotes/ideas if no-one has any experience here (Im sure someone does).

Tano - It's Bassendean.

What council is this? City of Vincent?

Do any other councils also make this part of DA?

I don't think Stirling do - well I've seen places approved and built in Doubleview and they've left it as a grass track so.....

But always something to check.

I don't think Stirling do - well I've seen places approved and built in Doubleview and they've left it as a grass track so.....

But always something to check.

There also quite a few where there is randomly a piece that is bitumened with sand on either sand.

Back