Putting in an offer - mention things to fix?

I'm putting in an offer on a brand new townhouse. However, I can see a slight fault in the silicon filler between the mirror and bathroom sink. I can also see a small gap between the floorboards and architraves.

Do I:
a) not mention it and just put in a lower offer (fix it myself)
b) mention I want it fixed as part of the offer. <- Just wondering if this might backfire because if they have a similar offer that doesn't mention this, they'll choose that offer instead.

I'm also putting in subject to finance and building inspection.

Thoughts?

I'm putting in an offer on a brand new townhouse. However, I can see a slight fault in the silicon filler between the mirror and bathroom sink. I can also see a small gap between the floorboards and architraves.

The filler may be worth a mention but I don't think it will give you a discount as it's an easy fix. Maybe $10 for you to buy caulk + gun.

About the gap in the floorboards - depends how bad it is? If you post pics of these others on this forum will be able to advise you.

b) mention I want it fixed as part of the offer. <- Just wondering if this might backfire because if they have a similar offer that doesn't mention this, they'll choose that offer instead.

I wouldn't bother because of this reason.

If you had two offers on the table - and one had no conditions, which would you opt for?

They seem like cheap things to sort out.

Cheers

Jamie

Back