QBE Australian Housing Outlook 2014

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/...with-17-growth-over-next-three-years-qbe.html

Brisbane to outshine with 17% growth over next three years

he QBE Australian Housing Outlook 2014 expects Brisbane to outperform the other capital cities over the next three years, tipping 17% median house price growth on the back of a supply deficiency that will remain over that time.

The forecasts are from research house BIS Shrapnel.

Sydney?s forecast growth from BIS Shrapnel is 9% over the period, while Melbourne is expected to see 5% growth. Adelaide and Hobart are forecasted to see 6% and 5% growth respectively.

Perth can expect a 2% decline over the three years, while Canberra and Darwin will remain stable at 1% and 2% growth.

This will bring Brisbane?s median price to $550,000 by 2017, with Sydney still far surpassing other capital cities at $885,000.

The forecasts expect drops in 2017 for both Melbourne and Sydney, of 0.7% and 3.3% respectively, dropping Sydney down from a median house price high of $915,000 in 2016.

Brisbane will see strong growth of 7.4% next year, almost matched by Sydney?s suggested 7.2% growth. This slowly drops off in Sydney, but continues surging, with Brisbane expecting to record 7.5% growth in 2016 before a further 1.3% in 2017.

Thoughts?

I have read previously on SS that the 'BIS' reports should have the 'I' taken out of the title? Or at least, they should be taken with a grain of salt. Or do people think these predictions are on the money?? I am only a novice at investing, even less so on economics, but making accurate predictions or forecasts over a 3 year period seems optimistic at best :eek:

Thanks,

You cannot predict a natural disaster that will affect the population nor can you predict which country we will be going to war with next. There are always things outside our control that affect the economy.

Back