Qld Election

That's the only problem that comes with resetting the economic table after the mess the previous government left Qld in,you get a few people offside..

Libs are gonna get smashed :D

Maybe this time around Labor may get enough seats to fill a Toyota turbo diesel Coaster bus with 21 seats, Queensland politicians are never remembered for all the good items they did,they are only remembered for their worst mistakes,and Labor has a very good line up ...

Maybe this time around Labor may get enough seats to fill a Toyota turbo diesel Coaster bus with 21 seats, Queensland politicians are never remembered for all the good items they did,they are only remembered for their worst mistakes,and Labor has a very good line up ...

They only got as far as a Tarago last election! :D

pinkboy

Good luck to them, it's a an amazing victory. Not even they expected to win this time around, hence having what was to be a sacrificial lamb as leader.

Now she is likely to be Premier. It will be interesting to see how they manage a dignified handover from Palaszczuk to someone else, and how long it takes.

Good luck to them, it's a an amazing victory. Not even they expected to win this time around, hence having what was to be a sacrificial lamb as leader.

Now she is likely to be Premier. It will be interesting to see how they manage a dignified handover from Palaszczuk to someone else, and how long it takes.

I can hear the knives being sharpened.

The media are talking about the knives being sharpened for Tony, partly as a result of the Queensland election. I don't buy it- and I'm not a Tony fan. State elections are fought on state issues, and this election was very much more so about CN and about what his government has done.

Any one who used to have a state government job want it back? get ready for a massive expansion of the public service.

Any one who used to have a state government job want it back? get ready for a massive expansion of the public service.

People forget that the forecast public sector cuts by Labor, should they have won in 2012 were roughly in line with what the LNP delivered.

So, the QLD public were sick of Labor and voted them out, then after 1 year of having to cop some hard decisions and a Premier who isn't inclined to suffer fools and/or take prisoners, we want to go running back to the previous idiots? :rolleyes:

FFS.

This is a scary indictment on the voting public - and not just on the State level..

Can't wait to see the next 2 or so years.

We are a pack of frackwits who are turning into AFL Board Members - sack the Coach after a couple of early season losses.

People are only interested at state and federal level in what's in it for me? This kind of mentality is a big part of the problem, both the red and blue team disappoint me generally.
Libs federally need a second term and some traction in the upper house to make some progress

So, the QLD public were sick of Labor and voted them out, then after 1 year of having to cop some hard decisions and a Premier who isn't inclined to suffer fools and/or take prisoners, we want to go running back to the previous idiots? :rolleyes:

FFS.

This is a scary indictment on the voting public - and not just on the State level..

We are a pack of frackwits who are turning into AFL Board Members - sack the Coach after a couple of early season losses.

Totally agree

FFS

Idiots have been voted in power

Campbell Newman made some really tough, but well needed decisions.

FFS.

They lost my vote due to the inroads made on civil liberties. I know the Dazzes of the world would say it was mambypamby lefties etc but for anyone who didn't grow up under the Joh regime it probably is hard to imagine. Campbell and his crew were heading down the same path in their own way.

Tough on bikers? Guess what- there were already sufficient laws to deal with them. It seems part of the problem was a failure to fund police adequately to deal with the problem. More of your typical "law and order" campaign like Joh used to run.

Last night the Truss bloke was railing off against the idiocy of the electorate. That sort of thinking implies a "born to rule" mentality and associated arrogance that Campbell and his cohorts also exhibited.

Having said that not much to inspire confidence on display with Qld ALP either.

Back