Qld Property Dealer Laws



From: Simon St John

Just wondering if anyone is across the Property Agents and Motor Dealers Act 2000 and the implications it has for property trading?

I have been told that 6 or more sales per year, you have to be licensed as a property dealer?

What implications does this have for private individuals involved in buy/reno/sell, wraps, etc, where 6 a year might be exceeded?

I have tried to contact the Qld Department of Fair Trading but the info on their web site and their advice (read the Act) is rather unclear.

In particular, it is not clear (a) if private individuals have to register and (b) if so, what you have to do to register (training course?).

Perhaps one of the deft hands such as Asy might be able to shed some light....?

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers, Simon
Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1
From: Paul Zagoridis

Sorry don't know but my experience with Qld government departments is they never know what they're doing.

Look at the mess they make while trying to understand if wraps are eligible for FHOG.

Good luck. I think The Wife has an idea.

Paul Zag
The Oz Film Biz site is archived at...
Last edited by a moderator: