QLD real estate agents......HELP !

Hi all, are there any real estate agents in this forum from QLD ?? I'm hoping you can shed some light on what you are required to provide a buyer with in a contract of sale..... I am from Victoria and we are required to provide buyers with a Vendor Statement / Section 32 which forms part of the 'contract of sale'. This document is fantastic as it provides the buyer with information on current zoning, Plan of subdivisions, detailed outgoings including council rates notices, owner's corporation certificate (if applicable), owner's corp AGM minutes (if applicable).. copies of tenancy agreements in place (if the property is being sold subject to tenancy) showing what amount the property is leased at and how long the lease agreement is for etc. Basically in Victoria we disclose all of these things so the buyer can make an informed decision.

Now... I am dealing with an agent in QLD on a property that I am interested in... and she has emailed me a contract of sale which is basically a few pages for me to complete with my 'offer' and she has also disclosed what her commissions are going to be.... Aside from this there is NOTHING confirming the current lease agreement (which I would like to see since the agent is boasting about the high rents when trying to 'sell the property'), nothing about outgoings associated with the property etc.... Are we just suppose to buy a property blind in QLD ??

Thanks for your help!
Very confused buyer!

you need to do a bunch more DD in QLD, unlike VIC there is 2/3rds of of bugger all disclosure compared to S32.

If there is a lease on the property, it will be shown on the contract as such, under existing leases.

When in Rome ..................

ta
rolf

In a word no - you don't have to provide details on the zoning etc. The words Caveat Emptor spring to mind. I

Unless the legislation has changed in the last 18 or so months she should have provided you with:

Form 27c - selling agent's disclosure

Form 30c - warning statement advising you to get legal advice and a valuation (this must be attached to the front of the contract). Attached means stapled in the top left corner or bound.

Then you were probably given a standard REIQ contract?

These forms also need to be provided to you in a certain order - contracts have been set aside previously in cases where they weren't. You used to have to get an electronic consent form signed as well - basically you giving the agent permission to send you the contract via email. Not sure if these went the way of the sustainability declaration though.

Suggest talking to a lawyer or consult the QLD Fair Trading website (free!)

Hi Nesty
Very different in each state.
First she needed to draw your attention to the warning statement.

If she didnt contract is invalid

Lease comes under encumbrances section

Finance clause

Building and pest

Amount

Settlement date

Any questions just ask

Back