QS Depreciation Schedule - 'Off the Plan'

Regarding getting a Deprication Schedule done for a newly built house, there is an option to have the QS do the report up 'off the plan' , so to speak, as in - no site visit to the actual house - just going by information you provide to them, ie. build price, quality of inclusions, etc, etc.

There is a significant discount to do it this way, ( almost half the price - say $400 instead of $750 approx. ) as they do not have to travel to site.

Just wondering people's thoughts on this option ?

Obviously the accuracy of the information you provide to them is the key here, if doing it this way.

I just can't help feeling that it might be worth just paying the extra to get them to site, so that nothing is missed......?

Thoughts anyone..?

Cheers
Rod

I would choose a real report over a desktop report. If you wanted a professional opinion on the difference call BMT on 1300 728 726. They are VERY helpful and will explain the pitfalls and benefits.

The usual reason they recommend it "off the plan" is its cheaper for them AND they probably don't service the area.

I would choose a real report over a desktop report. If you wanted a professional opinion on the difference call BMT on 1300 728 726. They are VERY helpful and will explain the pitfalls and benefits.

The usual reason they recommend it "off the plan" is its cheaper for them AND they probably don't service the area.

I would have thought if they have access to the builders costing then its very accurate?

Plans aren't builders costs. For example is the kitchen bench laminate or caesarstone...Or a bespoke finished unit with high end closers and all the best appliances from Miele etc ??

Its like saying a pool costs $30K....I have seen $1m pools and the old cheapo from Blue Haven.

The builder has provided a reasonably comprehensive 'list of inclusions' for the house, as well as the normal plans/construction details for the building itself.

I would think it's probably enough detail to give most QS's a good guide - but part of me just wants them on site, so absolutely nothing is missed....

Back