Quantity surveyor help (central coast)

My wife and I have just brought a dual occupancy property on the Central coast NSW. We have have got two quotes so far for two tax depreciation reports, one for each house. One was $750 and the other $385 for both properties. I'm abit wary of just going for the cheapest one, and after doing some research on here alot of people say you get what you pay for. Both quotes have been from quantity suryevors who will inspect the properties and write the reports themselves.

I'm just not sure who to go with and will there much of a difference between the two? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone recommends a quantity surveyor on Central Coast.

Cheers

The $385 price for an inspection by a QS is too low, but it might be a local who lives around the corner. Ask him to send you a copy of the schedule so you can check it out and make sure it's more than a one pager and provides the LVP option etc.

Thanks for the help, yeah the $385 guy lives 5min away.

Do you mean ask him to send it before its done, as what he will be doing. Or once the report is done? Sorry this my first property and I'm still learning. I appreciate all the help.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Ask for a sample Dep Schedule. There is no set format for them, so some are great and some are not. If he just does a one pager, your accountant is going to have to do a it of work on it and you will pay at that end of the process. Send the sample to me if you like and I'll give you some feedback. I have a huge collection of them and like to see what other people do.

Back