Quartz/Stone Carpet. Any experience?

Well, at a price of $200-$250 per sq metre my plan for terrazzo flooring is now on the backburner. I have heard of "quartz carpet" as a type of seamless floor and apparently it's a brand name product. Costs about $150. I found another supplier much cheaper & I think that stuff looks quite good.
Does anyone have any experience or heard anything about this type of interior floor surface?
This is not really for an IP, BTW.
Here is the link to the Stone Carpet:
http://mpspaving.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=56

Hi Ms Jade

I was recently quoted for quartz carpet at around $160 per mt. I have a large area of flooring that needs to be done and I thought it a little expensive for what it is.

Can you give me detals of the cheaper supplier.

One thing to note is that if you have the closed pore stone (sealed) in areas like kitchen etc. You may experience yellowing from any UV rays after time.

Besides that seems like a great product

Last edited:
^MC1, that would be mps paving that i posted the link to. I was quoted a guide of $80-$90 laid so v. cheap. These guys seem to make it themselves & have sample floors out in Berwick, apparently.

Oh, and BTW - I showed DH last night and he hates it. "Too retro" - when we are doing a "retro" house. So back to the drawing board for me....

Looks to me like the old pebblecrete.

My experience with pebblecrete is that is retains dirt as it is not smooth and depending on the size of the little rocks can be very hard on bare feet.

Cheers

Pebble crete?? EERK Best description for pebblecrete I ever heard was from my daughter- when she saw a house we bought to reno -- "It looks like vitrified vomit!"

Back