Queanbeyan PM, .... Can you recommend a good one?

Hi all,

We have recently bought a property in Queanbeyan NSW, and so far we are not overly impressed with the current property managers. Can someone from SS recommend a reliable and efficient PM in the area.

Thanks

Martin

I've had Maxwell & Sons manage my flock of bats (9 1BR units) for three years until they were sold. I was very impressed with them, and the PM job they did.

Where in Qbn is your property?

I've had Maxwell & Sons manage my flock of bats (9 1BR units) for three years until they were sold. I was very impressed with them, and the PM job they did.

Where in Qbn is your property?

Thanks Geoff ... that was a quick response.

It's a one bed flat in Aurthur Street, ......

I will give them a call.

Martin

I should have given contact details.

Though I suspect that you won't get great rates anywhere for a single 1BR unit.

Arthur St is very close to my old block, in Kinkora Place.

Geoff

We don't normally buy units, but this one will be an IP for the time being, but my wife works in Canberra through the week as an IT Contractor, but may need accommodation in the future as where she is currently staying may not be available for much longer.

We have increased the rent so that if the current tenant pay's it .. great, if not, my wife will move in and arrange for a basic reno to be done and use it until she stops working in Canberra and we re-rent it out again.

Not overly fussed about the PM rate as we paid a pittance for the unit and getting 6.2% yield from day one.

Martin

G'day all

Thought i'd just renew an old thread rather than create a new one.

I bought a townhouse in Queanbeyan at end of 07 and am looking at renting it out December this year.

Had a couple of agents in today and they seemed to offer a pretty good range of services but all at a "non-negotiable" 9.9%, citing that you get good services for your money...which i think is a fairly good way of approaching it.

My question is if anyone has any experience with PMs in Queanbeyan and what do they think? I've steered away from a couple of the branches whose selling agents really didnt represent their business very well. Guess im painting the whole branch just by the selling agents, but oh well.

Any past experiences would be great!!

Cheers

I'm looking to rent out my place in Queanbeyan soon and have had Mcnamee & partners in for a quick look. They will give me 8% (as i purchased the place through them).

I will give Maxwell a call tomorrow, but are there any recommendations for particular agents/agencies in the Canberra/Queanbeyan area? Any agents/agencies I should avoid?

Happy to receive a private message with recommendations.

G'day Butterchops

I have had 3 seperate people recommend that i avoid McNamee. From tenants and landlords. From what i understand the property managers kept on changing and they offer bad service at a good price. My neighbours said to go with anyone but them.

I chatted to Maxwell, Raine&Horne and LJ Hooker and ended up going with Hooker because of a much lower price - the plan is to try them out and see whether the service i am getting is reasonable for the price i am paying.

The other two seemed very enthusiastic and knowledgable and they may get my business in future if i have any problems.

Just my opinion

G'day Butterchops

I have had 3 seperate people recommend that i avoid McNamee. From tenants and landlords. From what i understand the property managers kept on changing and they offer bad service at a good price. My neighbours said to go with anyone but them.

I chatted to Maxwell, Raine&Horne and LJ Hooker and ended up going with Hooker because of a much lower price - the plan is to try them out and see whether the service i am getting is reasonable for the price i am paying.

The other two seemed very enthusiastic and knowledgable and they may get my business in future if i have any problems.

Just my opinion

Thanks for the reply Carl. Do you mind sharing what sort of deal you managed to negotiate with LJH? I would appreciate some guidance on what fees and conditions I should be looking to secure with the managing agent as this is my first IP.

I was massively happy with Maxwell when I was with them for my flock of bats. They took excellent care of the place and the tenants; it was their suggestion that I furnish the places, and that turned out to be extremely successful.

As a bonus, Jason Maxwell is extremely knowledgeable and helpful wrt the Queanbeyan market. I've had a lot of fruitful conversations with him.

Back