Queensland FHOG

Hi all, I've had a few different people tell me about the first home owners grant in qld. From my understanding there is a 15k grant for first home owners buying a new property but nothing for an established propety. I have spoken to a mortgage broker down here Victoria and she seems to think that in QLD first home owners buying an established property doesnt pay stamp duty ($900 fee instead).

Can anyone tell me 100% what the go is?

Thankyou in advance,

Hi all, I've had a few different people tell me about the first home owners grant in qld. From my understanding there is a 15k grant for first home owners buying a new property but nothing for an established propety. I have spoken to a mortgage broker down here Victoria and she seems to think that in QLD first home owners buying an established property doesnt pay stamp duty ($900 fee instead).

Can anyone tell me 100% what the go is?

Thankyou in advance,

Your mortgage broker is correct in that the FHOG is only eligible on new builds. However, as I understand it, it is possible to claim on extensively renovated and redeveloped properties as well (not sure of the technicalities behind this).

Stamp duty is non-payable for first time PPOR purchase in QLD.

Back