Queensland Magazine

W

WebBoard

The REIQ is now producing a quarterly magazine with sales and rental data and articles called "Queensland Property and Lifestyle". $39 for four issues inc. postage, first issue April 2002. Has anyone had a look at this and if so any opinions?

Projects

There is more than one way to climb a mountain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

I flicked through it at the Property Expo but couldn't see the value for $39. When I asked the editor what it had to offer over API, she said a focus on the whole of QLD. But when I glanced through the contents, it all seemed to be Brisbane, Gold and Sunshine Coast information. So much for 'whole of QLD'.

If they dropped the price to $29 I might be more interested.

Cheers
EL

Reply: 2

Hi projects
Yes, i subscribed - don't think its worth it in my personal opinion. nothing in it you cant already get elsewhere.
I am hoping the next issue may be better.

Denise

Reply: 3

the word "infomercial" springs to mind. I wouldn't buy it.

the cost of producing a glossy magazine is fairly low when you spread it over a number of developers and marketeers for new high rise developments. There's a 1/3 profit element in most property development so they can afford to put out some collateral marketing material to get more velocity of sales.

Also, the "bankability" of most developments depends upon getting OTP sales to a certain commitment level so that the Banks know there are going to be buyers to permit eventual repayment of the debt funding.

N.

Reply: 4

Hi All

I was disappointed to find they wanted to charge. Surely the REIQ could mount this info on their web site?

Previously I emailed for median prices and rents and a very helpful staff person would email back the latest spreadsheet.

I do understand the need to cut costs, but this just seemed like yet another public stats/info service being "privatized".

Simon

Back